Doing everything "right" and gaining! help!

Options
To this point I have lost 60 lbs. I am currently doing the 30 day Shred AND the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism by Jilian Michaels. I do the 'Shred' when the kids are napping and the 'Burn Fat Boost Metabolism' once they are in bed for the night. Some days I miss the second workout but not often. I keep my calories between 1200-1600. I have a lot of Protein (get sick if I don't). I also try to stick with the "clean eating" lifestyle as much as I can. With that said, 3 weeks ago I got down to 195. Since then I have steadily gained 3 lbs when I should be loosing. I also gained 1/2 inch in my abdomen (think its water though). I COULD REALLY USE SOME INPUT AND HELP!!!!

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Did you start these workouts when you started gaining?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like the exercise is causing your body to retain more water and glycogen to aid in muscle repair. Anytime I switch up an exercise or up intensity, I'll gain some water weight...no biggie.
  • Jess11Gold
    Jess11Gold Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Did you start these workouts when you started gaining?

No, I jumped on the Jillian Wagon in January. I Completed the 30 day Shred and loved the results so I kept going..
  • Jess11Gold
    Options
    It sounds to me like the exercise is causing your body to retain more water and glycogen to aid in muscle repair. Anytime I switch up an exercise or up intensity, I'll gain some water weight...no biggie.

I have a lot of fat to loose though, so I should still be burning it.. I think?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food/calories?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You said you're eating between 1200-1600 calories a day, is that Net? How did you get that number-did MFP pick it or have you figured out your BMR and TDEE? How's your sodium levels-have they changed at all since before? My first thought, with everything you're doing, you might not be eating enough
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    prego?
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    you gain a few pounds of water weight before menstruation. just saying just saying
  • Jess11Gold
    Options

Yes, religiously... even down to the things that are zero calories LOL
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating back half or all of your exercise calories. Your metabolism has changed with all the new workouts.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Yes, religiously... even down to the things that are zero calories LOL

Is the 1200-1600 net or gross?
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    How's your water consumption. I find that if I don't drink enough water, sometimes my body may hold on to it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

^^ This
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    To this point I have lost 60 lbs. I am currently doing the 30 day Shred AND the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism by Jilian Michaels. I do the 'Shred' when the kids are napping and the 'Burn Fat Boost Metabolism' once they are in bed for the night. Some days I miss the second workout but not often. I keep my calories between 1200-1600. I have a lot of Protein (get sick if I don't). I also try to stick with the "clean eating" lifestyle as much as I can. With that said, 3 weeks ago I got down to 195. Since then I have steadily gained 3 lbs when I should be loosing. I also gained 1/2 inch in my abdomen (think its water though). I COULD REALLY USE SOME INPUT AND HELP!!!!

This is probably why you're struggling:

http://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY

http://youtu.be/HGunZpKLb5o