"Trying" is not a goal

Options
13»

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    ( "Trying" is not a goal) and "Hope" is not a strategy.
  • pdehoog
    pdehoog Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thank you for this. a friend recommended this thread, and he's right. it's exactly what i needed to hear.

I second that! This is exactly what I need to hear.
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't be a try baby, be a do baby!
  • jerryallegood
    jerryallegood Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Do or Do Not, There is No Try" Yoda teaches Luke

Goals must be measurable and attainable.
    I will, not I will try.
    If you are not sure you can do it, choose something you can do as an intermediate goal. Then do that which you can.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Great post.

There is no reason why anyone can't succeed at weightloss. I heard "I tried calorie counting, it didn't work for me" the other day - trabslated - "I wasn't committed enough to change my eating habits forever because I still want to eat a bunch of junk food and booze"
  • marcelle65
    marcelle65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is excellent! I've started to realize that since I stopped saying "I'm trying," I feel so much more empowered. I am finally not "trying," I am "doing," and I am DOING it 100%. Everything you said makes so much sense; I really hope people will read it and take it seriously. If it's okay with you, I'd like to post it on my Facebook page for my friends to see.
    congratulations for achieveing and i am also finding confidence in myself and feeling very empowered, i have been on diets for the last 40 yrs, and i have never felt so confident in achieving and succeeding xmx
  • marcelle65
    marcelle65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well said, has made me think and evaluate how i live my life xmx