Bump
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    bump for later
  • dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That first video is the reason why I always measure in grams (not oz) on the scale and not depend on measuring cups or spoons. When I make toast, I put the toast on a plate, and put the plate on the scale and zero out the weight. Then I measure the butter/peanut butter/whatever in GRAMS as I spread it on the toast. It's actually much easier and quicker than trying to get the butter or peanut butter out of the measuring spoon.

Dawn
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    i find it odd that so many people here apparently do not use scales. WHY not! its the most accurate you can be :glasses:

thanks for posting
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow! very interesting videos, Thank you for posting them. I am definitely going to spend the money and update my scale to digital.
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    Thank you so much! I took the time to watch both and am thankful for my kitchen scale!
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    bump to watch at home later
  • caseycole1
    caseycole1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is: WOW!:noway:
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I always use my scale. Not only is it more accurate, it's just simpler than dragging out and dirtying up an measuring cup or spoon.

The second video doesn't' surprise me at all. Whenever there is a human assembling, there is room for error. Convenience foods are convenient, but leave you at the mercy of someone else. Rather than recommending a day of fasting, I think it's better if folks just get in the habit of properly preparing their own food.
  • bethmac_va
    Options
    Bump
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I always use my scale. Not only is it more accurate, it's just simpler than dragging out and dirtying up an measuring cup or spoon.

The second video doesn't' surprise me at all. Whenever there is a human assembling, there is room for error. Convenience foods are convenient, but leave you at the mercy of someone else. Rather than recommending a day of fasting, I think it's better if folks just get in the habit of properly preparing their own food.

Amen.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. While I know there are always discrepancies epecially at Fast food places since people tend to go heavy on things they enjoy on a sandwich (like mayo) I didn't realize how large of a discrepancy there could be in pre packaged items I thought they were weighed for accuracy but apparently that isn't the case.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump to watch video when i get home!
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I buy trail mix at Publix. I measure everything out and put into individual containers bc I am a chronic binger. Well it has 16 servings of 1/3 a cup. Two times now I have gotten 12 servings. This explains everything. Time to buy a scale for work and one for home!!!