In need of a good website with recipes for dinner.

Options
2»

Replies

• jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble thinking about what to cook for dinner for my husband and I. I need simple recipies that are easy to measure out a serving where I will know the calories. Not recipies with crazy things in it like wine and crazy spices that normal people don't keep on hand in their kitchen. PLEASE HELP MY HUSBAND IS STARVING!! lol

I had the same problem. I found about skinnytaste.com and checked it out. All of the recipes I cooked have been great.
  • ClareKaczmarek
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste! I'm having leftover Santa Fe Chicken (sooooooooooooo delicious!).
  • maduro1
    maduro1 Posts: 5
    Options

I made that this past weekend and it came out really soupy and bland. Going to try to salvage it but I'm wondering what I did wrong. Did yours have a lot of liquid after cooking? Thanks.
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I made that this past weekend and it came out really soupy and bland. Going to try to salvage it but I'm wondering what I did wrong. Did yours have a lot of liquid after cooking? Thanks.

I made her chicken curry with coconut milk last night, followed the recipe to the letter, and had the same problem. I ended up tripling the spices and adding it to the leftovers, and hopefully tonight's will be better.

On a more helpful note, I found www.canyoustayfordinner.com and absolutely LOVE it. Blogger lost over a hundred pounds five or six years ago and has since maintained her weight loss. She posts recipes with nutritional information and is realistic about the fact that variation in one's diet is needed to prevent epic "cheat" days; she also posts a lot of musings about weight loss, weight gain, and unhealthy relationships with food that resonated pretty significantly with me. Love it!
  • fnsmithatc
    fnsmithatc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    emilybites.com
    eat-yourself-skinny.com
    ahealthyjalapeno.com

are also some great ones...

EB is one of my favorites and go to for comfort food type things...

skinnytaste is absolutely amazing... as others have said.
  • bjhumes
    bjhumes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined www.dashingdish.com and I love what I see on her website. You can donate or pay $5 to see her recipes and you can buy her menu plans with grocery shopping list for supper only or for all 3 meals. I am thinking of trying her menu plan for supper as I get so tired of planning meals for 2 and her's are set for 2! Wait till you see her smoothie and pancake recipes at such low calories plus she had paleo friendly and gluten free too!
  • maduro1
    maduro1 Posts: 5
    Options

I made her chicken curry with coconut milk last night, followed the recipe to the letter, and had the same problem. I ended up tripling the spices and adding it to the leftovers, and hopefully tonight's will be better.

I was able to salvage the Santa Fe Chicken. I drained the liquid, added more salt and added some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Just had it with some shredded monterey jack cheese and FF sour cream and it was very good.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    The Hungry Girl blog has a lot of good options.
  • bkmdancer
    bkmdancer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think the only one that hasn't been mentioned is www.hungry-girl.com

Skinny Taste and Emily Bites are awesome, as said already
  • bjhumes
    bjhumes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the link www.dashingdish.com she has taken about any craving you can have and made it cleaner, less fat,
    tasty and good enough all your family will love her recipes. We low her spinach chicken lasagna. BTW her meals
    and dishes are on My Fitness Pal or most are. She has recipes for snacks, smoothies, desserts and they are
    good!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble thinking about what to cook for dinner for my husband and I. I need simple recipies that are easy to measure out a serving where I will know the calories. Not recipies with crazy things in it like wine and crazy spices that normal people don't keep on hand in their kitchen. PLEASE HELP MY HUSBAND IS STARVING!! lol
    As someone who LOVES food, let me say there is almost no such thing as "crazy" spices. They are a great way to add flavor without adding calories. It is a good long-term kitchen investment to have a good set of spices onhand.

Now that that's out of the way..here's something I concocted yesterday that was delicious for around 125 calories a serving that I improvised with what was onhand. The only 2 things on it you might not already have around are the canned chicken with lemon sauce (I use an Aldi brand but there seem to be many others that are similar) and chicken broth (which you can reconstitute from bouillon cubes if you keep those onhand).

Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/42266703

In case the link doesn't connect, search the "Recipes" area here for "Easy Chicken Piccata Soup".

Bon appetit!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    www.hungrygirl.com

www.emilybites.com

www.food.com

www.skinnyplate.com

www.skinnyskillet.com

www.cooks.com