1800 calorie folks

Options
I did eat more to weigh less the ladies were kind enough to help me calculate my calories properly. I am to eat according to my cut of 1,816 calories. this is my first day doing this. I had been eating 700 calories under. about how many meals do you eat?

what are your results so far eating this amount of calories.

do I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks etc?

Replies

• rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    my goal is1800 temporarily while i am breastfeeding...I eat 3 meals a day and several small snacks. I aim for at least one morning snack, afternoon, and evening snack...but if I am running low on calories I eat another one...eat when you are hungry...you know your body best.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I was at 1800 for about a year and had great success. Recently dropped a little below goal weight, but still have fat to lose, so bumped up to 1950. Diary is open - feel free to have a look. I have no problems meeting my goal (usually go over!) pretty much daily.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1800 too, I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks most days. My diary is open too. :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    thanks will look at yours to get ideas on my eating
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I was at 1800 for about a year and had great success. Recently dropped a little below goal weight, but still have fat to lose, so bumped up to 1950. Diary is open - feel free to have a look. I have no problems meeting my goal (usually go over!) pretty much daily.

Off topic but you look so good!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You may want to try a gradual increase rather than bumping it up all at once. A couple hundred calories more per week if you are not comfortable with eating so much more food. I eat 3 meals and usually 3 snacks. My diary is open but I just recently went back up to 1800 after a few weeks at 1650.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    My diary is open =)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy for snacks so I usually have a small breakfast and lunch, a decent sized dinner, and SNAAAAACKS all day long.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Feel free to trawl my Diary too, I aim for around 2k per day but often go over x
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I eat 1850 a day, I eat 3 meals most days, and snacks just whatever amount I can fit in and when I'm hungry.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1848 at TDEE -15%. I have three meals a day, and I'm flexible on the snacks depending on whether I needs them or if I have a big meal planned. A little pre-logging helps to see where I have wiggle room throughout the day.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how this works? The only way I seem to be able to lose is by cutting. I started MFP @ 1200 cals and lost my first 20lbs in about 4 months. Then I was maintaining at 1400. I wanted to trim a little more before my vacation, so I dropped to 1300 and it worked.

I'd like to have 1800, I'd have a lot more options!!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how this works? The only way I seem to be able to lose is by cutting. I started MFP @ 1200 cals and lost my first 20lbs in about 4 months. Then I was maintaining at 1400. I wanted to trim a little more before my vacation, so I dropped to 1300 and it worked.
    Honest opinion? If your profile picture is current you don't need to lose any more weight, change your settings to maintain at least. x
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I eat at TDEE-25%, which is 1900. Feel free to look at my diary, it's open. I also agree on the pre-logging.
  • SnivyToast
    SnivyToast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1800-2000 calories a day, although I don't tend to log on weekends. Feel free to look at my diary, it is open.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1800 a day. I eat three meals a day with snacks. On weekdays while at work, I usually have a snack mid-morning then another one in the afternoon. My diary is open, however I am maintaining and no longer log weekends. Also, last week I was traveling for work and halfheartedly logged.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it a go too, but my setup is for 2000 calories (that's TDEE-15%). This is day three for me. Considering I would barely eat 1400 a day and 2000 was a cheat day with heaping portions of restaurant food, I'm having some difficulty reaching it with reasonably healthy food. I got to my goal last night with mozzarella sticks, pepperonis, and root beer. Not one of my proudest moments. I really think I'm going to have to do three meals a day plus snacks and a protein shake.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion? If your profile picture is current you don't need to lose any more weight, change your settings to maintain at least. x

That photo is very deceiving lol. It was also day 1 of my cruise. In the past 3 weeks, I've gained 12lbs and have puffed up everywhere!! I just can't conceive how upping calories can help you lose/maintain.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Diary's open. :flowerforyou:

I eat approx 1800 calories across two meals a day on weekdays, and do my best to go over during the weekend.

Considering upping my calorie intake one more time (this will be the third in as many weeks) because I am so doggone hungry after lifting lately.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

That photo is very deceiving lol. It was also day 1 of my cruise. In the past 3 weeks, I've gained 12lbs and have puffed up everywhere!! I just can't conceive how upping calories can help you lose/maintain.

You didn't gain 12lbs of fat; you're retaining water. To gain 12 pounds of fat, you would of had to eat 42000 calories above your maintenance level in three weeks. That works out to 2000 calories above maintenance each and every day. Doubtful, even with a cruise. If you go off of your deficit level eating and gain weight rapidly and easily, that is often a sign that you have damaged your metabolism. There's more information here:

http://gokaleo.com/2012/09/19/body-composition-that-last-five-pounds-and-how-to-deal-with-problem-areas/