What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Options
I'm trying to expand my hobbies and interests, and I'm just wondering what everyone else does for fun in their free time :smile:

Replies

• TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Besides working out. Fishing, playing guitar and training in Muay Thai.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I love outdoors stuff. Camping, hiking, fishing, shooting (not much of a hunter though I keep a license and I do go once in a while), etc. 4x4 is a godsend.
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Horses, books, politics, cooking, gardening, old movies. All but the horses are easy to start.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Singing, dancing, reading books... I've got kind of boring hobbies.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    movies (which is once in a while, only when there is something worth watching at the cinema)
    concerts (also once in a while, when my fav singers/bands are in town)
    reading
    learning new stuff/languages
    penpaling (yes I have a few penpals around the US, no email used, snail mail, way more personal and exciting)
    jigsaw puzzles
    napping :laugh:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Working out, photography (I have a business), spending time outdoors (camping, riding my four wheeler, boating, etc), and shoe shopping of course, lol
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    eating :sad: :grumble: :mad: :explode: :huh:
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Playing recreational soccer both mens and co ed. Playing guitar, collecting guitars and vintage amps. Fishing and boating...
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like to go for a walk ,workingout, golfing, reading, sewing and beading. And taking my 2 year granddaughter to the park to feed the ducks
  • Babbs1977
    Babbs1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Snowboarding, scrapbooking and paintball.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    1. Spending time with my family I have two little ones that keep me busy.
    2. Biking, Trail or Road. Because its winter in NY it is mostly stationary biking at the gym :)
    3. Shooting guns at the range.
    4. Keeping aquariums.
    5. I love convertible sports cars. I traded mine in for a minivan but I will have another someday.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have weird and varied interests ranging from "you're such an old lady" to "are you sure you're not a dude?"

I knit, sew, paint, play several instruments, and used to sing in an a cappella group. A lot of my knitting/sewing goes to charity (Project Linus). I'm also a gamer, so I spend probably too much time sitting around drinking beer and playing video games. I've recently gotten into carpentry (building shelves for my craft room, patio furniture, new cabinets for the garage), and I'm getting more interested in purchasing a lathe so I can turn fiber spindles. I cycle, kayak, and work in the yard quite a bit (but I hate gardening). I love to cook and make candy, but I never eat any of it because I don't like chocolate. Amateur photographer. Just got a beautiful new DSLR from my husband for our anniversary.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Non workout stuff I'm guessing? I like to read, draw, paint, knit, crochet, play guitar, and do make-up.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm so tragic I was honestly about to put work down here. I love my job and I'm self employed so life all rolls into one a bit, but that's really no excuse.

I also knit (though I'm looking for a good jumper pattern atm so that's stalled). And I'm a documentary fiend, especially (history of) medicine related.

Also cricket. I'm impatient for the season to start as the all-nighters to listen to the Tests in New Zealand are killers.

Oh, and my camera goes with me a lot. I'm very click happy.
  • janiedoe14
    janiedoe14 Posts: 117
    Options
    Singing, dancing, reading books... I've got kind of boring hobbies.

i LOVE singing, dancing & reading!
  • janiedoe14
    Options
    movies (which is once in a while, only when there is something worth watching at the cinema)
    concerts (also once in a while, when my fav singers/bands are in town)
    reading
    learning new stuff/languages
    penpaling (yes I have a few penpals around the US, no email used, snail mail, way more personal and exciting)
    jigsaw puzzles
    napping :laugh:

I think penpaling is an awesome idea! I have an email pal, but I've never had a penpal!
  • janiedoe14
    Options
    Working out, photography (I have a business), spending time outdoors (camping, riding my four wheeler, boating, etc), and shoe shopping of course, lol

lol who DOESN'T love shoe shopping?! i'm a complete photo *kitten*, too. haha.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    this

edit- I am making it seem like I have a lot of free time

but who am i kidding, I do
  • janiedoe14
    Options

Awe, I've had that problem for years! That's why I am canceling my cable and looking for more productive hobbies. Maybe this post will help you too :)
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Awe, I've had that problem for years! That's why I am canceling my cable and looking for more productive hobbies. Maybe this post will help you too :)

i sure hope so!