need recipe using cabbage

Options
2»

Replies

• kariannmbc
    kariannmbc Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm not sure what it's called, but my mom used to make this a lot when I was younger.

Brown ground beef with onion (also can add celery, green pepper, etc). Layer in the bottom of a large pot, with some broth. Add small potatoes (washed, not cooked), or cut up potatoes. Shred cabbage on top. Simmer until everything is soft. Serve with some salt and pepper.
    Everyone except my vegetarian sister loved it.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage!

My favorite go to cabbage reipe is just a simple saute with some earth balance (fake butter) and a strong flavored seasoning like chicken or meat seasoning although I've used many other types too. Recently I've been using a tandoori seasoning since it is what I have on hand.

:flowerforyou:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Cabbage; only one thing to do with cabbage. Feed it to the cow. Turn it into beef. (Seriously, cabbage is worthless raw and just plain nasty cooked.)
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607509-65-or-90-calorie-meal-snack

My current favorite cabbage recipe.

Glad you like it. I was about to re-post it here. I have since added more chicken for the protein.
  • circesfire
    Options
    I love cabbage! I slice it up thinly with onions and sauté that with garlic. Makes an excellent hearty side dish.
  • flamencobarbie
    flamencobarbie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My ceative juices are deff. flowing.. I really like the taco and chicken recipes, I will deff. try those too. Also the colslaw with greek yougert sounds pretty healthy too. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas everyone, you are greatly appreciated! I always go back and read, when I run out of ideas...More help is always welcome.. ... (Its always nice to have new ideas and ways to make food)... Thank you !! :wink:
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-and-cabbage-saute-134513

Try this recipe. I just made it using a bag of cabbage for cole slaw that I had. It turned out awesome!! Even my daughter and husband liked it.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607509-65-or-90-calorie-meal-snack

My current favorite cabbage recipe.

Glad you like it. I was about to re-post it here. I have since added more chicken for the protein.

With noodles it has become my favorite packed lunch. Without noodles my favorite Asian side dish. Thanks again for the recipe.
  • Sheacat
    Sheacat Posts: 24
    Options

Coleslaw
    cabbage shredded, carrots, mayo, mustard, white wine vinegar.

boil it with meat, red potatoes, carrots garlic, onions and beer.

you can sautee it too

Def coleslaw, For less cals you could use plain Greek yogurt or add any other crunchy veg!

i love to wilt it in a pan with onions and garlic them stir it into my mash potato, Im sure there is a name for this but im not really sure

colcannon :) One of my favourites!
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My favorite cabbage recipe:

Bea's Unstuffed Cabbage, from Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet (an excellent cookbook)

It's basically a sweet and sour cabbage stew with lamb and rice meatballs. The version in the link below uses ground beef, but I always use the lamb. Very easy to make, but it takes a few hours. Even better as a leftover. We serve it with mashed potatoes.

I get about 8 servings at 322 calories/serving.

Copied at:

http://recipes.stevex.net/recipe/beas_unstuffed_cabbage
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump