Best Thing You EVER Ate?

Options

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING at Fogo de Chão (PROTIEN OVERLOAD, but SOOOO GOOD!)

or

A Bison Filet with a loaded baked potato & steamed broccoli

:bigsmile:
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A saltine cracker and ice chips. It was after not eating all day due to surgery. It was delicious....eye-rolling-ly so.
    There was also that dry piece of beef and piece of cheddar on a hamburger bun after I had my first son. Same deal...they didn't let me eat all day.

Oooh, good point! I had stomach surgery (reflux, not gastric) and hernia repair so I couldn't eat anything more solid that a tsp of yogurt for close to two weeks and really nothing but broth and juice or ensures the whole time. That first small cup of instant mashed potatoes with a little melted butter was heaven!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My mom's pozole.

Hands down.
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    Lawry's Prime Rib Restaurant in Vegas has some pretty fantastic prime rib that come in a close 2nd to my Ahi Tuna.

I'm going to Las Vegas in April and have my reservations for Lawry's. Love this place!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    a steak and bacon melt with american cheese on a loaf of garlic bread instead of regular bread
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Crab cakes with a hollandaise type sauce at a small Bed and Breakfast in NC. Oh, the fat days were so artery clogging delicious.
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    The best best thing I had was a steak and gratin dauphinois in Paris at a restaurant called l'Ange Gardien.

It was quite far from my house but I would go in a minute because it's so good
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Fillet Mignon with white truffle sauce on a bed of wild mushroom risotto. Yep, tastes as good as it sounds.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The warm butter cake at Mastro's Steakhouse. The...best...thing...EVER!

I ate that whole dessert....
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Fillet Mignon with white truffle sauce on a bed of wild mushroom risotto. Yep, tastes as good as it sounds.

Close to this. It was a filet, cooked in some sort of reduced wine and butter sauce that I've never been able to replicate.
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    crab cakes at Ruth Chris' Steakhouse... LOVELY!!!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Street food in Thailand. In particular, papaya salad (and I really dislike papaya).
  • Fighterwithin83
    Options
    Bangers and Mash: Free ranged, grass fed pork and Italian herb sausages served on a bed of roasted garlic and fresh cream mashed potatoes and smothered in caramelized red onion gravy... Ugh. It's a good thing this little hole in the wall restaurant is 3 thousand miles away and I have an expired passport. :laugh:
  • KHoffmann08
    KHoffmann08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Baked Alaska with avocado gelato at Signatures in Winona, MN.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    A lamb burger stuffed with feta from this little restaurant in NYC. OMG it was amazing!!!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

Pork tenderloin from Fogo de Chao
    Homemade garbage burger (beef, 5 different kinds of cheese, blue cheese, bacon, garlic mayo, bbq sauce, hot sauce, pickles, pulled pork/brisket, a heart attack on a bun and FRUCKING awesome!!)
    cheesecake with fresh caramel and fresh whipped cream from Maggiano's
    Grandmas milk chocolate molten cake (I could eat the whole thing and then lick the plate with no shame whatsoever)

I'm gonna have to try some of ya'lls tho, because they sound AWESOME
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Filet Mignon from Marcello's Chophouse. Best $50.00 I've ever spent on one plate of food.
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    The Roadkill Grill from The Moose Preserve in Auburn Hills, MI.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Short ribs with the best mashed potatoes ever at Spago in Las Vegas.
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A grilled cheese sandwich on sourdough bread, and stuffed with carmelized onions- Sal's diner in Soldnotna, AK
    A gyro from Pizza Paradisio's in Kenai, AK.