Hi Loves! 40 lb. in 5 mnths or less. Possible?

:flowerforyou: Hey guys, I'm new to this fitness thing and I'd really appreciate some friends to help keep me motivated. I have lived a very traumatizing life, but now I feel that it is time to get over everything, stop feeling sorry for myself and work my *kitten* off! What am I working towards, you might ask? To feel, look and be the best possible me! I really believe diet and exercise has slowly caused the rejuvenation of my body and mind. I feel more happy in the short time that I have been working out then I have for years.

I am not ashamed to admit it! After pregnancy I weigh 201 lb. I am 5"7 1/2 in. My measurements are 38-31-47.
My ideal weight and measurements would be 150 lb. and at 38-23-39. I love my *kitten* and so does my boyfriend so I want to keep as much as possible while still being able to wear short skirts, dresses and shorts without everything hanging out! Marilyn Monroe's measurements are 36-23-35 and Kim Kardashians are 34-26-39. My goal is sort of a stolen mixture of Marilyn's waist and Kim's booty. (:

The way I am going about this is cardio, cardio cardio! 45-60 minutes of elliptical or treadmill about 5 days a week. Along with about 20-30 minutes of weight training about 3 days a week. I also "Zumba" in my room sometimes! Lol. My hubby and I go every weekend to our wild life refuge and climb rocks while we are there. Add in some crunches and a couple of free exercises about 3-4 days a week and that's it. I have not weighed myself since I have started last month on the 22 so my weight may be less than 201! Hopefully!

As for my diet, I have been drinking plenty of water each day and eating as healthily as possible. I am unsure of how the whole calorie deficit bs works so if anyone feels they are able to make me understand I'd love the help! Idk if you are able to view my food diary but what I ate yesterday seemed to be good with how many calories I burned yesterday. I have been adding plenty of fiber, fruits, some veggies :p, lean protein to my diet and have completely quit all soda, juice and sweets! Feels amazing, btw. But the reason I am unsure of myself is that I dont really see much difference in the mirror. Why is it taking so long!? Am I doing the right things? Help me please!

Love Always,
Porche :heart:

Replies

• sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    You don't always see change yourself...why haven't you weighed yourself?do it, it may surprise you and give you a boost! X
  • Because I have read it is better to not weigh yourself or you will become less motivated. Plus, I don't have a scale. Lol. But I guess maybe I can weigh myself once a week maybe?
  • geminian77
    geminian77 Posts: 1 Member
    I've lost 48 pounds in 8 months, so I see it entirely possible to lose 40 in 5. You may have to restrict your caloric intake accordingly. Also, I'd get a bathroom scale. Don't weight yourself every day (or every other day, for that matter). Instead, stay with your MFP routine and weigh yourself once a week...the same time and day every week. Then record it in the MFP app. You'll see results!
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    WOW!!!! that describes ME on sooooo many levels lol i even have kim k's body as a screen saver for motivation. i started this journey somwhere around the 20th of last month. same way. i didnt understand the calorie thing very much but i researched and googled. the body only uses a certain amount of calories everyday for certain activites and when i did the math i realized that it was so obvious that fewer calories results in lost pounds . for the first 2 1/2 weeks with intensive workouts i gained about 5 pounds. its was discouraging until i realized that i was gaining the weight in muscle. i had to gain that so my body could start to burn fat. its a slow process but the way i FEEL lets me know that im doing something right. im curvy ( with a bootylicious booty like you lol). i found out girls with a thick rear end lose weight A LOT SLOWER than people who are top heavy. I still lose weight a lot slower than my friends who are doing this but im satisfied. 40 lbs in 5 months IS NOTHING!!!!! TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT THAT IS ACHIEVABLE!!! AS LONG AND YOU STAY MOTIVATED!!Motivation is the key. if you have that and confidence in yourself you can most definitly achieve your goal. i weigh myself every friday , just to see if the little things i try each week make a difference or if i need to change some things. sometimes i dont like the numbers on the scale but it pushes me to work harder.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    I have been here 9 months as of Monday and you can see what I have lost. Not saying you cant lose faster but the slower you lose it, the more likely you will keep it off. And that is the REAL challenge. Anyone can lose weight...but maintaining it is where most people fail. So take your time and lose it forever. :)
  • You can do it, dearie! I have lost 42lbs in 4 months with increased exercise and a healthy diet. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Remember, feed your body. Be healthy instead of "Just not sick".
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    40 lbs in 5 months is entirely possible. It wont be too fast a loss either. But you must get your diet pat down.
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    I'm down 42 pounds and I started 11/9/2012. It's definately possible. Use MFP to count your calories according to your goals. It will happen. It looks like you are on the right track with your exercise routine.
  • Bossladytrainer
    Bossladytrainer Posts: 19 Member
    Yes it's possible with the right exercise and nutritional program...

~Ireyna
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    I'd say it's possible, but I'm not sure I'd advise it. You're 50lbs away from your goal, which means you should be aiming for 1-1.5 lb per week loss rather than 2. You'll lose slower, but you'll do it in a healthy and sustainable fashion.

How the calorie deficit works: MFP calculates how many calories you should be eating based on the info you entered. You eat that amount, plus any exercise calories you log. If you don't eat back your exercise calories, your deficit is too large for your goal and you're probably not fueling your body enough. Cardio gives you a larger calorie deficit, and strength training preserves muscle while you're losing weight, so choose the amount of time you devote to those exercises wisely.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    That's a VERY aggressive goal! You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. I would say double that to 10 months to lose 40 pounds.

Good luck!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Let me see if I understand you correctly.

you want to lose 8 inches off your waist, 8 inches off your butt, and not a single fraction of an inch off your bust...

and you want us to tell you that is possible in 5 months or less?

No, let ME see if I understand her correctly. Her BOYFRIEND loves the way her *kitten* looks but she goes away each week with her HUBBY? That kind of juggling surely burns some calories. :laugh:

:love: :laugh:

I tuned out after skimming the measurements and the marilyn kimmie thing, but thanks for pointing that out!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Let me see if I understand you correctly.

you want to lose 8 inches off your waist, 8 inches off your butt, and not a single fraction of an inch off your bust...

and you want us to tell you that is possible in 5 months or less?

No, let ME see if I understand her correctly. Her BOYFRIEND loves the way her *kitten* looks but she goes away each week with her HUBBY? That kind of juggling surely burns some calories. :laugh:

OMG....I totally missed that!! :laugh:
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Boyfriend and a hubby? You are an overachiever:drinker: . lol. Seriously though, I lost 40lbs in 4 1/2 months, so it can be done. I would purchase a scale and measure yourself once a week, same day and time every week. You should do it when you wake up, before you eat or drink anything, but after you go to the bathroom. And do it naked :). Also buy a tape measure and keep track of inches lost, that's usually a better gauge of your progress. Also, buy a food scale and weigh EVERYTHING. Along with measuring spoons and cups, my food scale is an absolute MUST. Keep in mind, you CAN NOT spot reduce--your body picks and chooses where fat and inches will be lost. Frustrating, I know, but that's just the reality of the situation. Good luck!
  • TigressPat
    . for the first 2 1/2 weeks with intensive workouts i gained about 5 pounds. its was discouraging until i realized that i was gaining the weight in muscle. i

And I won't even touch that one, five pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. Impressive! :noway:

me likey you

does that make me inherantly evil?
    :flowerforyou:

I bet she did it while eating at a deficit too!
  • parney06
    parney06 Posts: 5 Member
    You can do it! It's possible with hard work and it's healthy! Thats actually my goal too. I'm 199 lbs, 5'3". I plan on losing at least 50lbs by the end of the year. I told some fitness gurus I know and they told be I could lose 50lbs in less than a year. You just have to give up what you normal dont give up while dieting. And instead of diet make it a lifestyle. Consider it a lifestyle change.

Me and 2 other friends decided to make a pact that we would Not have Fast Food for the rest of the year. Exceptions(El Pollo Loco, Subway, Quiznos, Togos, etc) That was THE HARDEST declaration I have made in relation to food. Fast food has been my vice for years. But we have not had fast food since 2/18/2013. Im so proud and I honestly don't want it.

It sounds like you have make a declaration for yourself. Stick to it! It's totally possible and I hope to see your success story in 5 months!!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Hmmm...I wonder if the hubby knows about the boyfriend. LOL.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    If you're committed you should be able to do 40lns in 5 months, I lost over 40lbs in 5 months myself :)
  • TigressPat

gets the popcorn
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member

My hubby IS my boyfriend. Anyway, back to losing 40 pounds in 5 months or less: I learned the hard way that patience gets better results. You commit to a process that works, for you, and it might take 5 months or less, or it might take a year or more. The important thing is that you are getting closer to your goal.