Resurrecting an old fart

Options
david1956
david1956 Posts: 190 Member
Hiya

I went to gyms a few times fleetingly when younger, later descended to slobbery, and now am training with a vengeance after feeling really dreadful from lack of exercise and bad diet.

This time around I am loving training, and have a pretty good diet. Especially love weight training, do a bit of boxing training, and cardio. I feel as though I have crossed over that threshold where it is now a holistic lifestyle change.

Started at about 91kg a little over a year ago, now around the 80-81 mark, and that might be close to my ideal if I lower the fat % a bit more and add some muscle. My training is really accelerating since I got a personal trainer. He's sadistic but a really cool guy and ideal for me.

Good seeing lots of other motivated people on here encouraging and supporting each other.

Replies

• DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    Glad to see you here!! It's nice to see a fellow "old fart" rising to the challenge:):) It seems a lot harder for me at this age and it's motivating to hear your enthusiasm:happy: Thanks and welcome aboard!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    All right you two!!! There is no way either of you qualify as "old farts" because you are both YOUNGER than I AM!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Isn't there a rule somewhere that "fartdom" doesn't start until you are past 65, or maybe it was 100?....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, wishing both of you every success.:flowerforyou:
  • DAKTHREE
    Options
    I like the way you think weaklink:bigsmile: Maybe "fartdom" is a state of mind that will improve with our success here!!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    OK then, I admit to being a young whipper-snapper.

My age thing is a bit tongue in cheek, I've never felt better. So let's just make a pact to feel good for life, how ever many years that might be.

Good to meet you all.
  • DAKTHREE
    Options
    Deal!! And I feel younger every day!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    "I may be growing older,:noway: but I refuse to grow up!!!":laugh: ...and thanks to MFP I am no longer growing "out"!!:drinker: :drinker: