My advice to those of us who have 100+ to lose.

Options
Everybody fails in the long term on a diet. Everybody screws up sooner or later. The trick isn't willpower, you don't get 100 pounds overweight without issues, physical, mental, whatever. The trick is to wake up the next day, get your *kitten* on the scale and keep moving forward. One day failure isn't going to define you, success is.

*Drops Mic*

Howie out....

Replies

• jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I have over 200 pounds to lose, but right now I'm just trying to lose 10 and keep it off, the scale constantly going up and down and I worry it will always be this way. I'm slowly learning that patience is key and this is just something I need to pay attention to for the rest of my life. I have my big time fail days but whereas days like those in the past meant giving up all my efforts for months at a time, this time I am able to dust myself off and keep going.

What you have done is a huge inspiration to me and I congratulate you on your success and wish you the very best! :smile:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like you, be my friend?

*check friend's list* Oh, wait, never mind. :wink: :blushing: :smooched: :heart:
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Now that I posted a topless pic, you'd never get rid of me anyhow!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Thanks Howie - sometimes we need you to be a rock star for us

**throws bra on stage**
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    wait....whut..! There are topless pics??!!! *goes to look in profile*
  • caroleeadams
    Options
    I once heard a saying,
    "Mistakes from the past don't define you....they refine you!" It's a new day....make it count:)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Damn I thought you had a secret....

But seriously this is excellent advice and more people need to take it.:flowerforyou:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Where's my AD&D ticker at??? grrrrrr
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    And done.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Or better yet, just wake up and get back on track without involving the scale!
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yeah. I fell off the wagon tonight. I'll hop back on in the morning, though.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    *picks mic up and shouts hallelujah!*:laugh:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great for me to read today. I've been off track the last couple days. I have a bad knee that acts up occasionally that makes it impossible to do my elliptical. So, I curled up and pitied myself. Hoping tomorrow will be better.