inner thigh muscle question...

Options
Yeah, I could use google-shmoogle but it's just easier this way.

That inner thigh muscle?
what is that called?
what are the exercises that make it larger/stronger?
Does running make it larger? (I ask cause I, um, ran today and it seemed to be chaffing)

Replies

• PiperGabrielle
    PiperGabrielle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    the inner thigh muscle is called the adductor. use a hip adduction machine to work that muscle. It is a thing when you lift weights by squeezing your muscles together. If you run uphill or up stairs it would help tone your hips, but mostly your gluts.
    The chaffing (is on your skin, not muscle) is probably just from your thighs rubbing together.
    You can build your brain by reading books and learning new information.
  • Alarista
    Alarista Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's probably just chafing, totally normal and happens to a lot of people, it may not even be your skin, but your clothes can also chafe you if you aren't wearing the right fabric.

Also, gold bond and I think band aid make a anti chafing product. I use the gold bond for my thighs, I also use it to keep dress shoes from rubbing my feet. It just looks like a stick of deodorant, but I am in love with it.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Doing a stair climber or walking/running up stairs sideways can work the adductors, too.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Squat nice and deep (and heavy) and you'll hit that adductor realllll good when you're driving up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,959 Member
    Options
    ok. Changed my mind on that one :tongue:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Squat nice and deep (and heavy) and you'll hit that adductor realllll good when you're driving up.

yepyepyep

328.gif
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

id like to hit something else when im squatting nice and deep. :wink:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    ok. Changed my mind on that one :tongue:

aww, c'mon, it's all fun