Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• EMAXWELLW
    EMAXWELLW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I should try this. Not buying it is not an option, my son loves it. I'm not going to punish him because I need to work on self control.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I ADORE peanut butter. I eat pb2 as a substitute. The regular pb2 is just meh. but the chocolate pb2 is heaven sent amazing wonderful goodness. You can pick it up at whole foods.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Are you high?

Why would you ever want to stop eating peanut butter?

As Homer might say... MMMMMMMM Peanut butter..... :)
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a real problem with peanut butter. I only eat the all natural (2 ingredients, peanuts and salt) however I can sit and eat 1/4 cup at a time. I figured this out when I started weighing the jar before and after my trips to the cupboard. I love peanut butter and it is good for you but even I know this is ridiculously excessive. Almond butter is not a substitute, I've tried this. Suggestions?

There are premeasured single serving packages you can get. They cost more, but might help.
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too! I tend to eat pb and celery for my snacks. I didn't realize how much I was eating on my celery until today when I measured. Yikes...easily I was eating 3 tbsp. I have PB2 which I use in my shakes, but it isn't the real thing. I agree with what others are saying, moderation is key.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Two servings of PB is perfectly reasonable. I would cut back on other foods to fit it in!
  • caitles14
    caitles14 Posts: 89
    Options
    "I'm obsessed with peanut butter I'd rather cut my arm off then give it up. I take my 2 tablespoons then put it back on the top shelf. Moderation is the name of the game."

^ ^ ^THIS! I've successfully lost weight and I still have trail mix and a glass of wine almost every night. It's all about portion control. You don't have to give up any food that you like :)
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    PB is such a hot topic. I think you took the first step and have the one without the sugar. But yeah, 1/4 cup sounds normal. If you can fit that into your day, I highly doubt that's the problem food (good) Fat burns fat. :drinker:
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    For ppl saying pb2...it's not the same. At least not to me. Just use self control. stop at 2 tbsp

You're right its not the same...does not have all the oil and sat fat that regular PB has....but it is made from peanuts and a little salt. So gets me the PB fix without the calories and fat. And the chocolate version is AWESOME on toast.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    now I want PB!!!! :D
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    1/4 Cup? Rookie.

^^^This

I didn't taste PB for a year when I went through chemo and crap. Then one day I took a spoon of it, ended up eating nearly the whole jar in 5 minutes. I love me some PB.
  • sdps745
    sdps745 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pre-Packaged Pre-Measured Packets!!

They have helped me to actually be able to have Peanut Butter in the house. Otherwise I'll eat the whole entire jar in a couple of days!! I've even tried the PB2 and I eat that right out of the container and sprinkle it on just about anything!! The container is gone in a couple of days!

I can NOT have nuts of any kind or peanut butter or almond butter in the house unless it is in pre-measured packets!!

I get them at Whole Foods and Target! Emerald has 100 calorie packets at Target and those have been VERY good for me too. The most I'll eat of any of these are two per day!! Just magic for me!! I CAN NOW have SOME and not TOO MUCH!! Lovin' that!!
  • Doom64
    Doom64 Posts: 1
    Options
    Gotta have P-nut butter @ least once per day.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to make a half-and-half blend of tahini (sesame paste) and peanut butter. cuts back on the fat, and generally the taste stays pretty close. that can at least help you while you start reducing your portions.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine a day with out peanut butter. No matter how i get it. Ive given up alot of things and this will go one day too when im sick of it but for now.....no way .
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    There are 2 foods I refuse to live without. Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Both are high in calories, but healthy in moderate amounts. There is no substitute for either, as far as I'm concerned.

So I have 3 choices:

Don't eat it, don't have it in the house, don't buy it, then there is no temptation.

or

Keep eating as much of it as I want and stay fat.

or

Learn to have it in moderate amounts. - I choose this. I'm not giving up my favourite foods. ever.

sums up what I was going to say perfectly.

self control, don't bring it in the house, or keep on as you are. Choose your own adventure. :)

PS- If it's a trigger food, that's fine. Lots of people have them. There's no shame in realizing this and not having it around.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my favorite food. Yummo!

And I prefer the just-peanuts-and-salt kind. Double yummo!

If you don't have the willpower to stop eating it, give it up for a few months. Try it again when you think your habits have improved.

But really, 1/4 cup is not all that bad. I have done much worse. lol. Just cut the calories from somewhere else.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,928 Member
    Options
    Or, you can just do what Lucy did when she got the job at the chocolate factory.:wink:
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know many people that love their peanut butter as I do myself. However if you use it to dip your fruits, have it on toast and then eat a 3rd cup of almonds then that is way too much. Try and limit yourseld to 2 tablespoons per day if you love it that much and yes always go with the natural.
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Pre-Packaged Pre-Measured Packets!!

They have helped me to actually be able to have Peanut Butter in the house. Otherwise I'll eat the whole entire jar in a couple of days!! I've even tried the PB2 and I eat that right out of the container and sprinkle it on just about anything!! The container is gone in a couple of days!

I can NOT have nuts of any kind or peanut butter or almond butter in the house unless it is in pre-measured packets!!

I get them at Whole Foods and Target! Emerald has 100 calorie packets at Target and those have been VERY good for me too. The most I'll eat of any of these are two per day!! Just magic for me!! I CAN NOW have SOME and not TOO MUCH!! Lovin' that!!

Pre-packaged peanut butter is not natural (peanuts only) there not the best choice.