Plateau!! Ugh!!

Options
Hello all..........now it is time for me to ask for some help..........I have plateaued and for the past three weeks, I can't seem to get out away from my current weight of 181...i'm trying so hard to get out of the eighties........this is aggravating the hell out of me........haha...So any ideas on how to bust through this plateau would be a great help...............THANKS!!!

Replies

• AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    don't drink any wine. (that was my big mistake. even 3 ounces made a difference to my weightloss -- it stopped it completely!)
    change your exercise routine -- try something new
    eat more. have one day a week where you stop paying really careful attention. be disciplined on other days, but eat a random # of calories -- some days up, some days down.
    worked for me. I was stuck at 170 for 5 weeks...
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Are you incorporating exercise? If not, you might want to consider it as it will help you build lean muscle whereas dieting alone can sometimes force your body to lose it which will mean your BMR may go lower...

If you do exercise, maybe it is time for a change; do more intense workouts for a while or try to incorporate strength training.

I really can't provide much insight without knowing too much more about your situation/what you are eating. Hope that helps a little!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    1) Don't give up

2) read this post - very useful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations :smile:
  • sprice1218
    sprice1218 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely try something new! I plateaued with my work outs. I finally contacted my personal trainer friend. He showed me a few different exercises to switch it up.
    Try going to the library and renting some work out videos or join like a step class. You'd be amazed at what a difference it can make. You might also try to cut out salt, pop, and chocolate. A modeling firm told me that once. I lost a few pounds over a month and it helps your complexion
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I've been stuck also - so am reading these posts carefully! I lost 25 lbs prior to joing MFP, lost a few after joining, now just STAYING the same. :grumble: Today I am starting to change things up - so all ideas sure are welcome.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking at least HALF your body weight in ounces

Make changes to your fitness rouitne switch it up every 3-4 weeks

Add weight lifting to your routines

Change the foods in your diet up

On some days eat your exercise calories

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE AT LEAST ONE DAY OFF FROM WORKOUTS. 

Don't give up and Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Do you strength train? I found that I could cardio myself to death, and the weight didn't budge, but when I incorporated 3 days/week of serious strength training (I do workout at home, but still lift serious weights) plateaus were busted.
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.......to answer some of your questions.....yes I do exercise, I go to the gym at least 4 days a week, I also do strength training, and everytime I go, its a different routine I do........I also do not drink pop, aka soda, and I stay away from chocolate all the time......and as far as the salt intake that I keep to a minimum. I just get really frustrated, I have lost as you can see 33 pounds since January, and this is aggravating!! lol......but I do know that it happens I just hope it doesn't last very long......Thanks again for all your help