Landmarks

I'm looking for some landmark weight loss moments as I'm a really goal orientated person and want short term goals to keep in mind to get me through the difficult middle section. I hope this might be helpful for some others too:

1lb down - a great start
5lb down - first 5
7lbs down - that's half a stone in UK money
10lbs down - first 10 woohoo
14lbs down - 1 stone
20lbs - great effort
23lbs - à third of the way there for me
27lbs - I'll be entering the overweight bmi category
28lbs - 2 stone
30lbs - the next 10
33lbs - break the 12 stone barrier
35/36 - half way point
40 - next 10
42 - 3 stone down
47lbs- break the 11 stone barrier
48lbs - 2/3 of the way there
50lbs - the next 10
53lbs - 3/4 of the way there
56lbs - healthy bmi for me/4 stone down
60lbs - the next 10
61lbs - reassess goal/10 stone
67lbs - 4/5 of the way there
70lbs - 5 stone down
71lbs original goal reached

Has anyone else set their goals like this or have other suggestions I can combine in? These mixed with NSVs are just what keeps me going

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    I liked an idea I saw on "Pinterest". Two jars (clear containers of some sort)... marbles or some small items (1 for each pound you want to lose)...label jars "Pounds to lose" and "Pounds lost". Move marbles as weight is lost. I put the jars on top of the refrigerator as a visual reminder of my goal. Each time I moved a marble it made me smile! (Since my weight bounced around...I did not move the marbles back and forth but left them because it made me determined to finally settle into that new pound lost.)
  • cathers_
    cathers_ Posts: 70
    LOVE that idea!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    I am close to my goal now, but here are some of the challenges that I made and helped keep me on track :)

CHALLENGES:
    - Anniversary challenge: lose 10lbs by January 5 2013 just in time to celebrate my 2 yr with my boyfriend!
    - Valentine's challenge: "I love ME". lose another 6 lbs by Febuary 14 2013
    - April 1st challenge: this year Easter Monday falls on April Fools day! Hope to loose another 5 lbs. (2 lbs left for this!)
    - June 1st challenge: Confident and comfortable in a bikini. Hopefully lose last 5 lbs :)
    - August 1st: New me! Goal is to be @ 130 (maintance) and have definition. On this date I will reveal the new me to my friends in another province :D

This has helped to keep me focused. Every year I tend to say I want a summer body but I can never stay focused for long enough! This year however, I am so close to my goal and it feels awesome! :) Best of luck :)