be afraid....be very afraid. lol.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    :)
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ill stick with my Ronzoni Smart Taste, thank you! :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Are they actually 0 calories or is that just marketing?
    Can you share the ingredient list, I don't think they exist in Australia!

They're marketed under the brand SlimPasta in Australia. They're just very low cal noodles, not zero cal. One serving is about 10 calories, but I find I need 2 servings to feel like my hunger is even remotely satiated, which still amounts to stuff all really. Can be found in the healthfood aisle of Woolworths, Coles or IGA (possibly others, but that's where I shop).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    0 calories because nobody has been able to actually eat them, not really, but if you like rubbery calamari you'll love them.:tongue:
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I don't know what they are. I've have slimpasta noodles, they taste nothing like pasta but they are an awesome base to have pasta sauce on! And great for noodle dishes.
  • faireplay
    faireplay Posts: 126
    Options
    Food is fuel. It is SUPPOSED to have calories. The idea of noodles without calories just seems WRONG somehow
  • Haylz_ish
    Haylz_ish Posts: 80
    Options
    I think they are good if you've got a little amount of cals left for the day.. or if you're really craving a noodle or pasta dish you can make an awesome sauce or pad thai type thing. I reccommend 'dry fry'ing them.. so put them in a hot fry pan with no oil just to make them less slimy. :)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not worth it. Tastes rubbery
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I saw them in the chinese supermarket.. they looked so gross I put em back! haha!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If you rinse them very thoroughly before you cook them the unusual smell goes...Slim noodle Australia, are made from a mushroom. Mushrooms do smell different.
    I find they are best with pesto.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    They're all right, but not as nice as real pasta or noodles. For a low calorie meal they do a good job of bulking, and are Ok as long as they're in a strong flavoured sauce - in Tom Yum soup is my favourite.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I tried to eat SlimPasta today and just couldn't bring myself to taint my lunch with the fishy things. The smell, oh god, the smell. I tried one and it was fairly inoffensive, but I can't eat them and dissociate the rubbery, flavourless texture from the smell of the worst run fish shop in the world.

To me the smell is bad fish. Not fish, bad fish. To put it in perspective, I like the smell of the local fish markets. I love the smell of fresh oysters. There is no comparison between these noodles and a nice fillet of fresh fish.

Okay, I think I've gotten across my distaste for low calorie noodles.