4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options

Replies

• Vixxen78
    Vixxen78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I'm 4'11 and started out at 208lbs - looking for someone - anyone - to share my journey with.... I have been in soooo much denial for many many years as to how big I really am. I've convinced myself that I "carry it well" and that most people would NEVER guess I weigh as much as I do - but smoke and mirrors is what's gotten me to over 200lbs. I am determined to lose weight - and terrified to do it alone...
  • Thenewme31
    Thenewme31 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I am 5'2 and after YEARS of being about 105 at most about a year before I had my son I got up to 143. I gained 43lbs with my son and got up to 186 never thought I'd see that number again after he was born. I lost all the weight fast and then hit depression because of life with my ex at the time ballooned back up to 170lbs. So by the time my son was 9 months old I dedicated 90 days to get myself back and lost 50lbs! I was 120 and looked great. As with all things I thought I could handle adding a few things back, I couldn't. I went back to my old habits and although I was aware I was getting bigger and bigger I kept thinking it's no big deal I can get right back to 120 when I want to. It wasn't til I stood on the scale 2 weeks ago and saw 190(OMFG more than my pregnancy at 9 months along!!!!) and got a tiny stretch mark on my belly(never got any on my belly in my pregnancy) I am now down to 185 and although it's only 5lbs it's 5lbs I never want to see again and hoping to get down to 120-130 but mostly looking to lose inches and get in fit condition! Good luck everyone!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'-0! :)
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11'' so hello fellow shorties. I want to lose 20 pounds. It is a matter of stubborn pride. I have a box of shame filled with clothes I can't even shimmy halfway up my thighs I want to fit into again and I have way too much money invested in bras my boobs no longer can fit into since my weight gain. But I will fit into them again dang it.

Ah! Me too
  • LovesDoctorWho
    Options
    5'2......add me..I have over 50lbs to lose but I am taking a wee bit at time goals...
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    Bump

I'm a shorty and want to read this thread later

Im 5'0 and about 170 since having a baby - trying to get the 135lbs
  • mittens6395
    Options
    I'm 5' 1/4" (it counts) . Its true ANY extra weight looks like more on shorties because we have less space to distribute.
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    Add me too. I am 46 years old. I am 5'0". I started a program in November 2012. I started out at 189. I am well on my way, but I am a yo-yo. I wanted to get down to 145. I am currently at 158.4. I am going on a cruise in 4 weeks and was hoping to be down to 150. I don't know that I can drop 8.4 lbs in 4 weeks.

Let's do this together ladies!!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am 4'11, some days 5'0 when I'm over confident and I weight 208 pounds. According to my height and weight I am morbidly obese and should weight between 115 and 125 lbs. the last time that I was 130, I was 20 and it was right before I became pregnant with my son. I am 30 now. I would like to lose around 80 pounds or at least be in a size 8, I see and hear weight loss stories of women who lose 50 pounds or more but they are all 5'5 and up. 200 pounds on a five foot tall woman looks COMPLETELY different on a woman who is 5'7..and so does the weight loss. Here are my measurements as of last sat, waist: 43, hips: 50.5 and legs: 27.5 I would love to hear from you ladies who are my height or close to it who are going on this journey of weight loss OR have a success story to share. If you have pics and measurements that you feel comfortable sharing thats great! I really need the motivation and to know that I am not alone. If you are this height, what are/were your goals? Thanks in advance ladies!

If you take a peek at my profile, I have my measurements as well as some before and during photos for you :smile:. Feel free to add me!
  • want2befitnthin
    want2befitnthin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I know exactly what you mean! I am 5'2", I will be 45 in April.

I weigh 177 as of this morning! I was a little less when I joined a few weeks ago! LOL. I keep yo-yoing.

Hang in there, let's do this together!
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and used to weigh 180. I'm 138 now and measurements are 36, 28, 44. (44...I know... o.o but that's what the bridesmaid dress lady said). I wear a size 8 pants.

VygsATe.jpg

Good luck and keep going!
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shorties!!!! I'm 5'2 and as of today 178.2lbs. My measurements are waist 44.5 and hips 45.5 and chest 38.5 ( so pretty much I'm round). =). Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other on this journey!
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and used to weigh 180. I'm 138 now and measurements are 36, 28, 44. (44...I know... o.o but that's what the bridesmaid dress lady said). I wear a size 8 pants.

VygsATe.jpg

Wow you look amazing. It's funny how people carry weight differently. I am 5' 2" currently Around 116llbs but don't look anywhere near as good as you! You legs are so slim my are short fat and stumpy!!
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

VygsATe.jpg

Wow you look amazing. It's funny how people carry weight differently. I am 5' 2" currently Around 116llbs but don't look anywhere near as good as you! You legs are so slim my are short fat and stumpy!!

Thx! I need to tone my legs too but the tan I had in that pic helped to cover the work I need to do on my thighs. I would love to be around your weight but hoping to get to at least 125lbs this year. I've always carried the weight more in my butt/hips/thighs, you can see in the pic my thighs at the top almost touch. More squats everyone says..ugh!
  • deeders1220
    deeders1220 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1/2 and I currently weigh 107lbs. I started out at 182lbs. It took a little more than a year to lose the weight. I am quite happy where I am at and have been maintaining since October 15th. I stuck to my calorie allotment religiously, ate some of my exercise calories but never all. I worked out with intensity and I still do. Also I eat the same way I did when I was losing weight. I call it sustainable eating. I look at it as a life long journey. I worked too hard to get the weight off and I love wearing fitted clothes again.
    Hi ladies,

I am 4'11, some days 5'0 when I'm over confident and I weight 208 pounds. According to my height and weight I am morbidly obese and should weight between 115 and 125 lbs. the last time that I was 130, I was 20 and it was right before I became pregnant with my son. I am 30 now. I would like to lose around 80 pounds or at least be in a size 8, I see and hear weight loss stories of women who lose 50 pounds or more but they are all 5'5 and up. 200 pounds on a five foot tall woman looks COMPLETELY different on a woman who is 5'7..and so does the weight loss. Here are my measurements as of last sat, waist: 43, hips: 50.5 and legs: 27.5 I would love to hear from you ladies who are my height or close to it who are going on this journey of weight loss OR have a success story to share. If you have pics and measurements that you feel comfortable sharing thats great! I really need the motivation and to know that I am not alone. If you are this height, what are/were your goals? Thanks in advance ladies!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit taller at 5'3", but I started at 179lbs, looking like I could be rolled down the sidewalk, and now I'm down 40lbs and I feel great. I still have 15 or 20 to lose, depending on how I look. I mainly want to be stronger and look healthy, not emaciated. Oh and I'm 51 years old.
  • freckletone
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 4ft 10.

the heaviest i ever was was 154lb and that was bad enough for me

my mum is 4'11 and struggles greatly with her weight. She's in the 200lb mark
    weirdly though she carries her weight well and in proportion and dresses accordingly
    but as she's getting old the weight is starting to cause more problems

mainly on her legs and knees

if anything she needs to just get a lot of this weight off just for that but she's being realist and just wants to get down to about 12st for now (168lb i think that is)
    which is still over weight but a lot better than where she's at right now

set yourself small realistic goals and then take it from there once you reach it
  • LiteraryMe
    Options
    I am 25 years old and somewhere between 5'1' and 5'2'.
    My highest weight as of 2 weeks ago was 300lbs.
    And I'm now down to 293.
    The ultimate goal is 140-150 but I'm shooting for 197 right now as a first BIG goal. =)
  • freckletone
    Options
    sorry, as she's get OLDER
    Not old

blimey she'd kill me for that ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!