Negatives about losing weight.

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    spending more money in new clothes.. not that I dont like that (all girls love shopping), is that I dont make that much lol.. And getting skinnier just leads to want everything you see at the mall.. arghhh :grumble:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Another one for being stuck between sizes. That and my *kitten* hasn't caught up with the rest of me yet so I'm still in pretty large jeans.

And bony butt syndrome. Sitting for long periods of time can lead to an achey butt-bone.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Realising that

1) no matter how much weight you lose, you will never be a certain size due to bone structure and height so can't buy that item anyway

2) Realising that the clothes you thought you wanted to wear are actually too "young/skanky" for you now you're a bit older. I'm only turning 30 this year but as a mother.....well someof the clothes just....not so much....

3) not being able to find a single thing you like in your new size
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Mm can';t think of anything that outweighs all the good feelings it brings. If your clothes make you look fat because they're too big go shopping :) You will feel great and feel tiny! and strong!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Def the loose skin.
  • fitambitious
    fitambitious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1) Being awkward sized - That frustrating time when you are too small for a size and too fat for the lower one!

2) Being cold in winter!

3) Change in people's attitude towards you - Suddenly, people who were not-so-nice starts becoming so friendly, guy friends will be extra nice to you etc and some people, who were your close friends when you were fatter, will suddenly start acting distant,cold or jealous!

4) Unwanted attention from perverts

5) "Fat filter" - I know this sounds a bit cynical but when you are fat, chances are that you were bullied/made fun of/discriminated/subjected to insensitive comments. When someone treats you like crap purely on the basis of your looks, you'll know that, that particular person is a douche and you'll filter him/her out of your life. But when you become sexier, you lose the luxury of "fat filter"!

6)Snide remarks and backhanded compliments - ex. "Wow, you look perrrrffffeeecccttt now that you've lost all your weight. You used to look like a shamu earlier" ' "I always thought how you had a pretty face and how it was ruined by your body, you were like this *extends hands as much as he/she can to emphasise your girth* Now you're awesome!"

These are the things I can remember now from my own experience. However, Positves trump negatives hands down!!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Feeling the cold. I can live with that though.
    Cost of buying new clothes - got to the point where when I find something I like, I get it in current and next size down.

Getting hit on by married work mates... :(
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Nope! Can't think of a thing!! :laugh:

Agreed.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i know for sure i am going to have saggy skin in my arms !
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Being cold all the time and losing my 450lb Squat and 350lb bench press.. I never realised how much raw power was in my big belly :(
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Constantly feeling cold and it seems to come from my core! Had to buy an electric blanket and a new, warmer duvet even though I have lived in my place for 7 years and the temperature is always the same inside.

Looking at the stretch marks as the skin loosens up

Looking my my now very saggy body in the mirror. Admittedly once it is covered with clothing it is much better but still... ewww

Wondering if once this is all over if the only way I will look half decent unclothed is by having a lower body lift and a tummy tuck.

Having spent lots of money on new business suits in October, now realising that none of them fit me and having to pay £ hundreds to get them altered

Not being able to eat what my friends eat... last night they had sausage rolls and meat pies followed by cup cakes and sweets/crisps that one of them had bought back from Australia. I took a microwave Weight Watchers meal over and ate that whilst they pigged out. In all fairness they did try and hide around the corner from me whilst they were eating this rubbish and they did warn me beforehand and they are normally very supportive.

It's not all sunshine and roses but there are lots of positives as well and probably better to focus on those:

Being able to buy clothes in a normal shop (I only discovered I could do that yesterday!)
    Being able to walk up stairs without being out of breath
    Being able to keep up with what my friends do
    Being much more active
    Going into a running shop and being taken seriously even getting fitted out for new running shoes
    Not feeling totally embarrassed when trying on a new sports bra because I am more than 20% smaller than what I was!
    Starting a running regime
    Beginning to play sports and actually able to keep up with people much younger than myself
    Having more energy
    Sleeping better than ever before because I am tiring myself out during the day
    Not thinking twice about going on a 5+ mile walk
    Getting out into the fresh (albeit cold) air
    Having people who havent seen me in a while do a double take or just not recognise me. Has happened a couple of times recently.
    Having my friends tell me that I am an inspiration and seeing some of them join MFP and/or buy a fitbit for themselves

I'm happy to put up with the negatives because the positives definitely outweigh them!!! :)
  • missmaximoo
    Options
    Loosing my chest, loose skin on tummy (especially when everywhere else is toned), looking older LOL, being told I now look too skinny (some people are never happy!!), difficulty finding trousers and jeans in a size 8 with 34 inch leg!!!! (I had no problem when i was a size 18/20)

However the whinges are a small price to pay for how bloomin' brilliant I feel, fit with bags of energy and I can go into any clothes shop and buy clothes woot woot!!! (except for trousers lol)
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    getting cold very easily!
  • mandilwebb
    mandilwebb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looking older in the face

THIS! So this. Is face fat like a fountain of youth?
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    loose skin
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Boob wastage - Boobs do not look great after losing over 80lbs, thank god for a push up bra.
    Cold - I am ALWAYS freezing, seriously, when is this going to improve?
    Clothes - I love shopping now, but I have spent a lot of cash buying clothes, I've tried to be as frugal as possible over the past 9 months but it has still cost more money than I thought.
    Stretch marks - I am lucky I don't have too many, but the ones on my arms I absolutely hate.

No matter the negatives though, I'd take all of those and more rather than go back to being a UK Size 24 and 252lbs which I was last June, being fit and healthy rocks :drinker:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The first traces of throat wrinkles. That didn't show up until I lost most of the weight. Worth the tradeoff, though.

Loose skin, but honestly I don't have much more of that than I did after I had my son. It's the usual belly problem. Guess I better hurry up and get really rich so I can afford that tummy tuck. You guys won't tell on me if I rob a bank or two, will you? :laugh:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Learning how to shop for my new, smaller size. I'd look at clothes on the rack and think, "That looks way too small. Better get the next size up." Yeah, the next size up was actually too big, meaning I had to go back to the rack and try to select another item to go try on.

P.I.T.A. I just want to find some new clothes and go home!
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Losing friends

Being cold

Being inbetween two sizes!

That awkard bit where different parts of your body are losing at different rates, making you look very odd indeed.. so having to dress for a changing shape

My boyfriend clutching my sides and frowning at me in silence

Looking like an idiot in front of people regarding your views of yourself/comments you make as your mind still hasn't caught up with what's going on physically.. I still sometimes see the old me

People assuming you won't eat.. Erm no, actually I would like some cake, why have you offered everyone else in the room except me?!

Being a bit obsessional about it and worrying about gaining it back!

Well isn't that just a lovely, cheerful list of things :laugh:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I try on shirts and pants that were supposed to be my 'progress goal' clothes that I had bought for motivation and they end up being way too big..this has happened to me three times, lol. So that super cute goal shirt I bought never got worn. ;A;

Also, being more cold.. ugh I hate that.