Can't exercise, how do I lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• 21Jenny21
    21Jenny21 Posts: 53
    Options
    and for the record, I DONT BELIEVE IN LOW CARB DIET.. I BELIEVE IN EATING THE RIGHT KIND OF CARBS!!!
    What are the right kind of carbs? I could do with knowing this..

and I agree swimming is the best if she has back pain!! i should take my own advice and start going lol
  • Django1977
    Options
    and for the record, I DONT BELIEVE IN LOW CARB DIET.. I BELIEVE IN EATING THE RIGHT KIND OF CARBS!!!

and I agree swimming is the best if she has back pain!! i should take my own advice and start going lol

I think she means that you should eat more complex carbohydrates then simple carbohydrates. Means

Don´t eat white sugar, white flour

Eat: Vegetables, whole grain, beans, yams etc etc..

The fact is when you eat simple carbs they will spike your insulin level and you will get as fast hungry as you don´t want. 8-) If you eat complex carbs they will not only taste fantastic but also will get your insulin level a bit higher and you will not feel hungry again (just as we all knows what happens when you go on a multi billion dollar industry - eat something - and after 30 minutes you have hunger again).

Also it is helpful when you eat complex carbs with proteins. They will also slow down the absorption.

Cheers
  • aklisbaby
    aklisbaby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone who gave me suggestions... there are a lot of good ones out there! I will do a lot of what has been suggested and talk to my doctor as well about swimming, I wish I had thought of it, it's a really good idea!! And I will eat more nutrition dense calories to fit into my 1200. Honestly, I had no idea it was 80% eating and 20% workout. Now I don't feel so defeated, but rather encouraged. I really appreciate everyone's comments!! :smile:
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

I think she means that you should eat more complex carbohydrates then simple carbohydrates. Means

Don´t eat white sugar, white flour

Eat: Vegetables, whole grain, beans, yams etc etc..

The fact is when you eat simple carbs they will spike your insulin level and you will get as fast hungry as you don´t want. 8-) If you eat complex carbs they will not only taste fantastic but also will get your insulin level a bit higher and you will not feel hungry again (just as we all knows what happens when you go on a multi billion dollar industry - eat something - and after 30 minutes you have hunger again).

Also it is helpful when you eat complex carbs with proteins. They will also slow down the absorption.

Cheers

yes that is what i meant, THANK you! should've explain myself better ; )
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    all exercise does really is define the body and build endurance and strenght, at least in my eyes.

Yeah and that is kind of important