help

Options
Okay so I haven't lost any weight in two weeks. I was eating 1200 calories a day but wasn't losing anything I think I put my body into starvation mode. So I decided to try counting points aka weight watchers I joined a gym this past Monday and I have worked out everyday but 1. I still haven't lost anything. I also gave up sodas and have only been drinking water. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I'd suggest upping your calories a little bit and watching your sodium intake!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, because you are replacing fat with muscle there is a period where you don't seem to lose much. Remember to check for things like clothes fitting better, more energy. I think you were probably right about your calories, but really give yourself a couple of weeks and then ask yourself questions if you still see no change. Some of us are slow to start, but take off after a couple of weeks.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    give your body a little time to adjust. It sounds like you made a lot of really great lifestyle changes. Keep at it and you WILL see a difference! Maybe you want to try only weighing yourself every two weeks? as water weight can fluctuate from day to day and around certain times of the month can cause you to gain as much as 5 lbs. Good Luck! Hope this helped!

Oh! and make sure you are eating your exercise calories to prevent the starvation mode! :smile:
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    At 1200 calories I was at plateau as well. I now eat 1300-1500 calories a day, depending how many exercise calories I have. I always make sure that I have 499 or less remaining so I don't go into starvation mode.

Also, the days after I splurge with food, I usually weigh myself and find that I am miraculously thinner. Works for me. Every body is different though, so it takes time to play around and find the right habits for your body.
  • kennagirl1916
    Options
    Make sure you are not eating too many carbs. Try increasing protein and see if it helps. I can't eat too many Weight Watcher meals. The carbs turn to sugar.