Jillian Michaels DVD rotation/work out sched

Options
I know this has been a topic in the past but the last post on it seemed to be nearly a year ago. (skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to read my blather). I see some people will be starting 30DS in june and I wish you all the best of luck! My post is slightly different in that I am hoping to start a new exercise regime with multiple JM workouts, I just ordered a bunch of Jillian michaels' dvds after remembering that I liked doing the workouts a few years back with my sister-in-law. I am coming off of insanity and a little burned out with the intensity of month 2. I already have 30DS and find Jillian Michaels' cardio not terribly challenging after 60 days of insanity but ....after not lifting weights since Jan the strength moves did burn a little. I did level 1 and 2 today and I worked up a nice sheen (although nothing close to the puddle of sweat I am in after insanity). During my insanity workouts unfortunately I ate whatever I felt like and didn't use fitness pal. My clothes are fitting nicely, my cardio is great, but my weight is not where I want it to be (most likely to the eat whatever you feel like b/c you've earned it attitude). Soooooo to get my weight down I want to try Jillian for the summer/fall, get back to healthier eating habits, track my calories again which is what I did last fall (I lost 10 lbs with myfitnesspal !) Now up five lbs I would like to use jillian and perhaps get back to running. I was up to 10 mile runs once a month :) With insanity i simply did not have the energy to run in addition to the program. I can see myself working runs into a JM program though.

Anyways I would like some input/feedback on a JM dvd rotation. I got 30 day shred already and thanks to amazon by the end of the week will add no more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism, extreme shed and shred, kick box fast fix, 6 week 6 pack abs, yoga meltdown, ripped in 30 days, and shred it with weights. Lol, I know that's a lot of dvds but the prices were so low and I was excited for some variety after insanity. I also needed to maintain some intensity after Insanity, although I confess I am looking for slightly less of a challenge. (I think come winter and colder weather I will do insanity again).

Anyone try anything like this??? Anyone been using any of these dvds??? I am wondering does anyone have a rotation that they've found successful or produced the results they wanted ?

Based on the descriptions of the dvds here's what I thought (i am not a personal trainer just someone who likes to workout so any advice would be appreciated)

*Day 1 (40 mins) 30DS level 2 and 1; work up to level 3 and 2; after 6 wks or so rotate in Ripped in 30 days
Day 2 (60mins) KBFF~ this has a core work out built in and I will need to see how hard it is and if possible to add 6W6P
Day 3 (40 mins) NMTZ~ after 6 wks or so replace with Shred it with weights
*Day 4 (30 mins ea) Yoga/ 6W6P
Day 5 (40 mins) BFBM after 6 wks replace with Extreme shed and shred
*Day 6 (20 mins) 30 DS Level 2 only eventually Level 3 only
Day 7 (30 mins) Yoga or rest

* after 3-4 weeks would like to add short easy runs in the evenings avg 9-12 mi a week; by fall and nicer weather phase back on Jillian and start back long distance training; winter back to insanity. 2013 repeat?????..... who knows i like trying new things

thanks for your help!

Replies

• Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You sound pretty freakin' beast :smile:

I did 30DS level 1 until I got pregnant, now I just run/walk.

Once I give birth, I plan on hitting Jillian Michael's pretty damn hard! I want to buy all of her DVD's and workout relentlessly so I think your plan is awesome. As long as you don't OVER work yourself of course. Always, always, always listen to you body and drink tons of water.

I think my plan will be 2 of her DVD's a day, starting at level 1 for each and working my way through them then switching to 2 new DVD's a day until I am at my goal weight of 150 and also ripped and no one can tell I had a baby lol

Good luck to you! I think you're incredible!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have every Jillian dvd (except yoga meltdown which I didn't like). I am just finishing up Body Revolution and will be rotating through all of her dvds (including body revolution). I have a 6 week schedule made (with no repeated workouts because I have that many Jillian dvds). Here is an example of one of my weeks:

Day 1: Body Revolution Workout 5
    Day 2: No More Trouble Zones
    Day 3: Kickbox Fastfix (workouts 1 and 2)
    Day 4: 30DS Workout 2
    Day 5: Killer Buns & Thighs Workout 1
    Day 6: Six Week Six Pack Workout 2
    Day 7: REST

I'm keeping my schedule similar to the way body revolution is set up: 2 days of strength, 1 day of cardio, 2 days of strength, 1 day of cardio, rest. I hope this helps! Good luck with everything!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am a Jillian Michaels fan and did 30DS, Ripped in 30 BFBM and working on her kickboxing DVD. This rotation sounds like a great idea and I am going to take some ideas and use them, thanks.
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOVE this. Thanks guys. I'll be using it as well.
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Banish Fat Boost Metabolism tonight... I'm at a beginner level so I'm going to do what I can do and push myself through as much as I can. I'm going to be rotating it with a Leslie Sansone video (walk a mile every day) and a Weight Loss Pilates video. For the first 2 weeks I'm aiming for 4-5 days a week, so something like this:

Monday: BFBM
    Tuesday: WAMED
    Wednesday: BFBM
    Thursday: WLP
    Friday: Rest
    Satuday: Choice of three or outdoor hike
    Sunday: Choice of three or outdoor hike
  • cutzwork
    cutzwork Posts: 2
    Options
    Well a little update: I NEVER got through this plan and forgot I even posted this! I found out I was pregnant :) and lord bless the women who have the energy to do intense workouts while expecting (all I did was prenatal yoga and walk). Now I am literally right back where I was last summer (10 lbs to go). Any one try JM after baby? I plan to follow this 6 week plan starting next week. We shall see, let me know how it's going for you. I'm all about quick workouts now and am starting back with jillian b/c I feel like it's quick and to the point and still kicks my butt.

PS he is 4.5 months old and he's my whole world!
  • amoolali
    Options
    Congratulations
    Today I started JM 30 days shred. I feel so exhausted. I wish to complete it.
  • stephchase
    Options
    Hello!

I know this post is older but I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a few Jillian Michaels DVD and have created a month rotation of them for myself. My goal is to slim down and town. My goal weight is only 7 pounds away but I am at a stand still with my weight lost so I am hoping if I do this for 2 months in a row I can drop the last few pounds.

I guess my question is, how many months can I do this rotation before my body gets use to it or it stops working?

Week #1
    Monday – No More Trouble Zones
    Tuesday – 6 Week Abs
    Wednesday – 30 Day Shred
    Thursday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Friday – Killer Buns & Thighs
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Week #2
    Tuesday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Wednesday – Killer Buns & Thighs
    Thursday – 6 Week Abs
    Friday – 30 Day Shred
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Week #3
    Monday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Tuesday – Killer Buns & Thighs
    Wednesday – 6 Week Abs
    Thursday – 30 Day Shred
    Friday – No More Trouble Zones
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Week #4
    Monday – 30 Day Shred
    Wednesday – No More Trouble Zones
    Thursday -Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Friday – 6 Week Abs
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day
  • akern15
    Options
    I like to alternate Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.
    Lately I have been alternating Hard Body 1 and 2 then on Saturday I do Extreme Shed and Shred 1 and 2 together.

They work for me!
  • mahya_03
    mahya_03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I know this post is older but I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a few Jillian Michaels DVD and have created a month rotation of them for myself. My goal is to slim down and town. My goal weight is only 7 pounds away but I am at a stand still with my weight lost so I am hoping if I do this for 2 months in a row I can drop the last few pounds.

I guess my question is, how many months can I do this rotation before my body gets use to it or it stops working?

Week #1
    Tuesday – 6 Week Abs
    Wednesday – 30 Day Shred
    Thursday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Friday – Killer Buns & Thighs
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Week #2
    Tuesday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Wednesday – Killer Buns & Thighs
    Thursday – 6 Week Abs
    Friday – 30 Day Shred
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Week #3
    Monday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Wednesday – 6 Week Abs
    Thursday – 30 Day Shred
    Friday – No More Trouble Zones
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Week #4
    Monday – 30 Day Shred
    Wednesday – No More Trouble Zones
    Thursday -Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Friday – 6 Week Abs
    Saturday – Yoga
    Sunday – Rest Day

Wondering what was the success with this rotation? I love her dvd's and this looked like a good mix of everything.
  • andreatt0427
    andreatt0427 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also do a Jillian Michaels rotation. It's been my main method of exercise plus a one or two cardio only days a week. I do No More Trouble Zones, 6 week 6 pack, Killer Buns and Thighs, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and Shred it with Weights. I don't really have a set rotation, I just do whichever one I feel like and with a clean diet I've been able to loose about 8 lbs in 2 months. My body hasn't really stopped being challenged by her workouts because I do the harder levels when I feel like I got used to the beginner one AND I do the modifications to make things harder AND I use heavier weights. I think as long as you use these options you can do her workouts for a long time and challenge your body. And you can also try out some of her other DVDs if you get bored during your rotation. I recently tried out Extreme Shed and Shred (parts 1 and 2) and while it didn't seem to be too intense, my shoulders, arms, and back were BURNING the next day.
  • shelbyss133
    shelbyss133 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I have 6 week 6 pack, killer buns and thighs, shed and shred, 30 day shred, banish fat boost metabolism, ripped in 30, no more trouble zones, and the 90 day body revolution (i think thats it lol) any ideas on how to incorporate all of it?? lol