Cancelled WW

Options
I just cancelled my Weight Watchers membership this morning.

The only thing that was helpful to me about Weight Watchers was having to physically go somewhere and weigh-in.

I'm really competetive (even with myself).

How can I maintain that accountability with MFP?

Help!

Replies

• brilliantzenith
    brilliantzenith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try finding a group that has weekly weigh ins. Make certain that the groups goals are consistent in what you are trying to achieve.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Personally, MFP has been so much more successful than Weight Watchers was for me. Get into it and hold yourself accountable for everything. Add a few friends to keep you motivated. Log on your smartphone.

Good luck!
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well, it's all about finding what works for you isn't it? Sounds like you know what you need. Set a date for yourself to weigh in (either weekly, monthly etc..) or as the lady above posted, find a good group with similar and realistic goals. Find some new friends on mfp with similar goals and add them; they'll keep you accountable and motivated. :)
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you search the forums there's Biggest Loser groups that do weekly weigh ins :)
  • amontanye
    amontanye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's been years since I was in WW, but I found that I couldn't maintain my goal weight because I was always starving. And I'd gain as soon as I went over my "points". I've newly started adding friends (being on MFP for a while and just didn't take advantage of the community part of this site) and just seeing people in my newsfeed and what they have done provides me that additional motivation to keep my butt moving.