Recommendations on Fitbit or other??

Options
Hey everyone!

I am curious to know what experiences people have with these watches, wristbands, and other in regards to tracking calories burned, heart rate, etc.?

If *WHEN* I meet my fitness goals at the end of the month, I want to invest in a device for myself to help track my progress better.

Any thoughts or recommendations? I am particularly interested in ones that integrate with myfitnesspal so please do tell and share!

On another note, I log in everyday and support all so if you are looking for some extra support - add me! The more, the merrier! #MarchMadness!!

Replies

• RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im not sure I just have your averagecalorie watch. I wonder which ones the biggest losers wear?
  • blackcatscooter
    blackcatscooter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit and it automatically transfers info to MyFitnessPal.

However, FitBit does not track heart rate, calories, or exercise. For that I use my Polar heart rate monitor that is set up exactly for me and then transfer the data to MyFitnessPal. I also recommend Polar because if you use it at a gym, all high-end cardio equipment will automatically detect the Polar heart strap and display your data.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I adore my fitbit! I work on my feet and it's really helped me figure out which days I really should be eating more and taking care of myself. It automatically synks with mfp and it wont let you unintentionally double log your calorie burned if you wearing during exercise and log that activity later. Super helpful!