I've never eaten...

Options

Replies

• ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Take your pick, most 'common' American foods I've never eaten because we don't have them... Twinkie, Hersheys etc, blizzard, nachos, jalapeno poppers, curly fries, most fast foods, grits... Actually way too many to name, you get the idea!

I've never had a Twinkie either! They just look absolutely disgusting! I'll add I've never had any of those fried fair foods--fried oreos, fried twinkies (duh), anything else they like to fry that doesn't make sense!

Fried Oreos are yummy!

I've never even had an Oreo never mind a fried Oreo...I don't see the point, that stuff is pure heart-attacker-food!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Take your pick, most 'common' American foods I've never eaten because we don't have them... Twinkie, Hersheys etc, blizzard, nachos, jalapeno poppers, curly fries, most fast foods, grits... Actually way too many to name, you get the idea!

I've never had a Twinkie either! They just look absolutely disgusting! I'll add I've never had any of those fried fair foods--fried oreos, fried twinkies (duh), anything else they like to fry that doesn't make sense!

Fried Oreos are yummy!

I've never even had an Oreo never mind a fried Oreo...I don't see the point, that stuff is pure heart-attacker-food!

Look, here is the point

gra070625l.jpg
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    greeneggs_zpse8d84ce6.jpg
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Any vegetable besides lettuce willingly. Or even eaten most types of vegetables at all, willingly or willingly.

Beets. Never will I eat those.

I love you!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Coffee, sushi, seafood (like lobster, crab, etc.).
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    greeneggs_zpse8d84ce6.jpg

Would you, coud you, in a box?
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    Whatever that pink Hostess coconut thing is. Just the thought of it repulses me.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Raw sushi (I do like cali rolls and tempura rolls...and even some smoked salmon ones), potted meat, Mountain Oysters, Tripe (yes, it is common here)...
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Pretzels are just really crunchy salty bread.

I've never eaten sardines.

And I don't quite understand people never having even tried common foods like onions or tomatoes. It isn't like they have the ick factor of organ meats (I understand, but I love sweetbreads, chicken and turkey hearts, and some kinds of liver pate). I used to be leery of beets, but then had both red and golden beets roasted and served in a lovely composed salad with lamb's ear (that's a green, people, not a part of a lamb!), goat cheese, and a sweetly acidic dressing. They were really good--sweet and earthy. I've had them occasionally since. They're a bit messy for me to cook. But they're really good for you!
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Caviar, Cappachino, Sushi, Junior Mints, Klondike Bar-I apparently won't do anything for them... :laugh: Mushrooms, I would say Anchovies as well, but those are in Casaer dressing.

I know that is not how you spell Cappachino, but I can't remember how to spell it...

Cappuccino

i've never eaten headcheese (in the highly german/ukrainian ethnic community I grew up in, this was a staple....i've managed to avoid it thank god)

Until I got to this post I had eaten everything mentioned at least once...

ETA: headcheese was the thing I hadn't eaten...
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    MANY foods I have never tried.
    The ones people have commented on saying 'how have you never?!' are:

Cheeseburgers.... or any burgers/steaks etc
    Avocados/cucumber/celery/mushrooms
    Coffee
    Nachos

The list could go on forever :(
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

OMG! You've never lived!! :happy: Or do you have an allergy?? :sick:
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm an adventurous eater and will buy foods in the grocery store just to try them.

However, I've never had a Twinkie or any of those weird cake things

and I have not tried most "candy" bars. Just never appealed to me.
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sushi
    Avocado
    Snails
    Pomelo
    Tofu
    Crawfish
    Mussels
    Oysters
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

OMG! You've never lived!! :happy: Or do you have an allergy?? :sick:

lol, no allergy it's just never appealed to me. :P
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    tacos, nachos, and basically any fast food :blushing:
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Conch!!!
  • sjwright66
    Options
    Caviar
    Sushi
    Worms
    Frog legs
    Venison
    Sweet potato pie...

There are many things I haven't tried, but that's only because I've never had the chance to try them. I would love to try all of those (And yes, even the worms!), if I had the opportunity. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I read through all the replies so far. The only things mentioned I haven't tried are rabbit, fried twinkies/oreos, hagis, horse, tripe and pomelo (I've never even heard of pomelo). But I wouldn't consider any of those common foods, at least not in my neck of of the woods. Where I come from it's rather odd not to have eaten squirrel, but I haven't.

Until last month I could have said I'd never tried Nutella. I was unimpressed. I'm not sure what I expected, but I expected more than just waxy tasting chocolate.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten any meat what so ever in my entire life!