I eat ice cream!!!

Options
OK- so I have gotten into a habit of eating low sugar gluten free ice cream for my snack at night. I save about 300 calories just so I can indulge in the rich, cold, creaminess! I really feel guilty about eating this even though it is within my caloric intake. What are your thoughts on saving calories so you can enjoy a daily treat?

Replies

• amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Embrace it! If I had the willpower to save calories for a late night ice cream, I totally would haha
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    OK- so I have gotten into a habit of eating low sugar gluten free ice cream for my snack at night. I save about 300 calories just so I can indulge in the rich, cold, creaminess! I really feel guilty about eating this even though it is within my caloric intake. What are your thoughts on saving calories so you can enjoy a daily treat?

I'm not sure low sugar gf "ice cream" qualifies as ice cream
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to save calories, I'm going to set aside only half of that 300 and eat some fully-sugared, fully-glutened ice cream!!

Are you cutting those things out for a real reason or do you just think that sugar and gluten are bad for you?

And yes, I indulge in ice cream often!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to save calories, I'm going to set aside only half of that 300 and eat some fully-sugared, fully-glutened ice cream!!

Are you cutting those things out for a real reason or do you just think that sugar and gluten are bad for you?

this. i'm eating ice cream at my desk right now.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how ice cream would have gluten. But, if this ice cream treat keeps you on track, why feel guilty?

I work wine into most of my days and never feel guilty about that.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia last night after 8PM and lost 1.4lbs overnight.

*Results not typical. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY health or exercise program meant to mimic my awesomeness.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream everyday. I look forward to it and never feel guilty. I like my indulgence and I save calories everyday for that sweet treat.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Good for you?

I eat things I "shouldn't" all the time, infact the other night I ate a chocolate bar, I used to eat Ice Cream all the time but then my brother moved in and no I never get any because he eats it all.
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If it's within your calorie plan and you're still getting your daily nutritional needs met, what's to feel guilty about?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    It's totally fine to enjoy a treat once a day if you have the calories for it.
  • crystalmoore83
    crystalmoore83 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just recently started eating health choice frozen greek yogurt, it is super creamy and a great treat when you are in the mood for something cold and sweet, it comes in individual servings (100 calories) which I really like because it keeps me from overindulgeing
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I have Celiac Disease- rough stuff!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    If I have room, I eat what I want. If I don't, sometimes I still eat what I want, and adjust the next day.

I tend to look at my calorie consumption over a few days as opposed to on a daily basis. :)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream everyday. I look forward to it and never feel guilty. I like my indulgence and I save calories everyday for that sweet treat.

Love it! I have found a kindred spirit lol!!
  • crops2dawn
    crops2dawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My skinny cow chocolate ice cream is my SALVATION every single night. I look forward to it...... and enjoy it sooo much.... So don't feel guilty!!
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how ice cream would have gluten.

It's often used as a binding ingredient.

OP, go for it! Moderation is key and sounds like you've got that part down so why not!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty about it! Be proud that you have found a way to enjoy food and keep your calories at a reasonable level. I had a Diet Dr. Pepper float just the other day. No regrets!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

1) I would be more concerned about the guilt than the ice cream.
    2) My thoughts are that if you can find a way to -

a) Hit your calorie and macronutrient goals regularly
    b) Eat mostly whole and nutrient dense foods
    c) Also eat a treat every day, such as ice cream

- then you are doing it right. I expect you to make great progress.

EDIT: I eat ice cream almost every day. I am losing fat, my health markers are great.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you're going to save up 300 calories, then have actual real ice cream.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I have Celiac Disease- rough stuff!

Does ice cream have wheat products in it? I am confused?