Feel like I failed

Options
I had an amazingly healthy week and today I just had this urge to stuff my face with horribly unhealthy goodies like a milkshake or something. Unfortunately, my mom asked me to bake her some cupcakes for her class and so I made this ridiculously good batch or homemade funfetti cupcakes with buttery whipped cream-like frosting (a whole pound of butter in the frosting!). I told myself I wasn't going to touch them because I knew it would trigger a binge, but I could not resist. I ended up eating equivalent to one cupcake with a big gob of the butter whipped cream that tasted like freaking ice cream. :( I'm disappointed and feel like a failure. I feel like I should have had more control in stopping myself but I couldn't an I knew just how unhealthy those cupcakes were, too... Ugh! I'm skipping lunch and my afternoon snack because I'm pretty sure the cupcake was more saturated in calories than two meals combined. I know that this sounds pathetic, but I seriously feel upset about it. How do you guys cope with this kind of defeat?

**My ticket makes no sense, it's supposed to say that I am trying to maintain 103 pounds.

Replies

• PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You had one cupcake. This means you still know how to enjoy life! Get over it! :-) Eat healthy for the rest of the day, and continue on your journey tomorrow. You got this!

I take time to enjoy anything I want, I I have still managed to average a 2 pound lose each week, in the past 15 weeks. You can't deprive yourself, but you can make sure you don't eat a cupcake EVERY day!

You are going to be OK!! Just get back on the wagon and keep working!
  • Samantha9000
    Samantha9000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You didnt fail :) You had ONE cupcake! That is better than having 3! Dont starve yourself for the rest of the day. That will not help you at all because you will still be hungry later and you will feel the need to eat everything in sight! I know that feeling. Just make sure that what you eat later is good for you. You wont be a failure until you give and stop trying.

Food is Fuel.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    One cupcake isn't failure it's success. I would have eaten 5.:blushing:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    that cupcake ain't going to kill you and why didnt you send me a couple of them????

skipping a meal will do more damage than that cupcake.

stop beating yourself up you should be able to enjoy things you like from time to time. try to live the 80/20 or 90/10 lifestyle
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your ticker makes it look like you are trying to gain weight
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

^^^What she said..... :ohwell:

One cupcake won't hurt you.
    Don't skip meals. Eat well and maybe a little light the rest of the day.
    Back to normal tomorrow!:smile:
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Unless you allow it to derail you completely, which you won't, it is not a fail. It is a splurge. You ate it, period. Throw in an extra work out, make up for it later in the week....don't starve yourself though, as that may lead to a binge. Forgive, forget, move on.

The good thing about food, is that you get the opportunity to make choices many times throughout the day. Make the next choice, and the one after that, and the one after that, count. :)
  • Amy11108
    Amy11108 Posts: 74
    Options
    If you skip lunch and the afternoon snack are you just going to binge at dinner? Have a small healthy lunch with some protein, some veggies if you get hungry in the afternoon, and get back on track! It is not all or nothing!
  • cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options

^^^ me too :blushing: :laugh:
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It is only one cupcake. You could have eaten more and you didn't. So be proud of yourself.

And don't skip your next meals! I can't emphasize that enough!

Skipping meals will lead to more triggering cravings and you may just end up binging again.

Just go about your day normally.
  • supernatural234
    Options
    You didnt fail :) You had ONE cupcake! That is better than having 3! Dont starve yourself for the rest of the day. That will not help you at all because you will still be hungry later and you will feel the need to eat everything in sight! I know that feeling. Just make sure that what you eat later is good for you. You wont be a failure until you give and stop trying.

Food is Fuel.

I need to remind myself of this more often. Food is fuel. Thanks. :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just count it into your log like everything else. I doubt it is actually 2 meals worth. There are no forbidden foods, just foods we need to really keep under control and not have too much. Don't spoil the fun of a delicious treat with guilt.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Not a failure at all. Depriving yourself of things leads to guilt which isn't good in the long run. You have to move on and that means still getting in the good nutrients your body needs the rest of the day. No one is perfect and even the best eater will have a couple "naughty" treats. Heck even the most horrible eater will slip in some healthy food item. Instead of feeling tempted devise a plan. Think if I have this what do I need to do to recover? If you can come up with a solution have it, if not skip it. If that cupcake that good, put in an extra 30 minutes during each workout this week.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'll be doing great and then just want to grab every brownie or doughnut I see and devour it. But if I do- then I feel so ashamed.

Try not to sweat it too much. If you really did eat healthy the rest of the week then it shouldn't have an impact on the scale or your body measurements.

For me it helps if I can pinpoint what I'm craving and then find the healthiest way to get it. Like doughnuts (or a cupcake) is pretty much fat and sugar. So find a healthy fat like: nuts, peanut butter, olives, avocados and then a healthy sweet: fruits, graham crackers, yogurt. And see if eating them instead will help squash your cravings.

It won't taste anything like the cupcake with butter cream frosting- but it won't bring the guilt either.
  • ComputerHabit
    Options
    Try 3 boxes of GS Cookies and a Gallon of milk in one sitting. Then do that for 3 weekends in a row. :)
  • ComputerHabit
    Options
    Try 3 boxes of GS Cookies and a Gallon of milk in one sitting. Then do that for 3 weekends in a row. :)

Oh and on those same weekends drinking at least 6 beers a night and a few shots of Vodka. And some cokes and some other stuff you can't recall cause you were totally wasted from the beer and the drinks.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Are you not trying to gain weight like your ticker says? I mean, I understand that you want to do it in a healthy way but that's a lot of drama for a single cupcake. Do you have an ED?
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i allow for a treat like some chocolate in my calories every day, making sure im still within my cals and sat fats-definitely keeps me from binging!!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Challenge accepted!!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The simple answer is YOU DIDN'T FAIL!!! If you skip meals because you feel guilty, you will end up eating more again later because of hunger. And It will be one viscious cycle! :(