Is your Polar Wearlink strap giving you Grief?

Options
13»

Replies

• merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was having lots of problems. The signal kept coming and going. I tried changing all the batteries, cleaning it etc. I read that if you turn the strap so that the monitor is on the side, over your rib cage. It worked like a dream.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Mine does this too. I have the RS100. I will try your suggestion.Thanks.

Been following this advice since November. No more problems. Works great! No more issues. If I get a funky reading... I just put it in the superhot water and give it a scrub... back in order just like *snaps fingers* that.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • blysard
    blysard Posts: 2
    Options
    After just a few months of use, mine Polar FT60 began to give me random 220 readings and then jump to 00.

I tought it was the strap too (always rinse, clean, etc), but as my wife has another polar that use the same strap and wearlink (the transmitter), I could check which one of mine was faulty.

Turned out that my strap was fine, the problem was on the wearlink (transmitter). Really lame.
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mine has started playing up this week, which is so annoying as I have only just started Turbo Fire and wanted to track for the first couple of weeks.

Thanks for putting this on here, I thought it was going to take a nasty email to polar to get sorted!

Emma
    x
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump in case!