Feel like I failed

Options
13»

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Don't we all do that? I think it's totally normal. I hope so.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    LOL ONE cupcake?

Dude... when I bake them I eat like 3 or 4...

relax, one binge won't kill you or defeat you :)

Have another! get back on track tomorrow ;)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Your ticker makes it look like you are trying to gain weight

I noticed this too you are 101lbs trying to get to 103lbs? is this correct?

If this is true, then I think a cupcake is not going to be too much of a problem at 18 years of age?
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    One cupcake isn't failure it's success. I would have eaten 5.:blushing:

This for sure. Press on!!! I feel badly when overdo it yes, but this is way to much guilt and self-loathing over ONE cupcake!!! Hell, if it had been me, I'd have been lucky to not eat a half dozen or so one right after the other.

You had one...not hte whole batch so consider it a minor lapse and move on.
  • loricatta
    Options
    When I was a kid, my parents use to take us for pizza and ice cream every Friday. It was a treat - a make-up for the time they couldn't spend with us. Now that I am older - an plumper...pizza and ice cream, no. BUT...I found this awesome frozen yogurt place around the corner. 21 calories an ounce! So...if I plan it properly...I go in there on the Sunday evenings I have off...and eat..a half a pound of frozen yogurt for a whopping 168 calories. I might even add coconut sprinkles. It will be my reward for all that I am doing (beyond losing inches)...and yet, if I count my calories correctly, I can still slip in a cookie or two :)
    Moral of the story? 1 Cupcake - your splurge for the week. Make it count. Find a frozen yogurt place or learn to make a healthy desert involving plain frozen yogurt, fresh strawberries with a blackberry sauce (or something like that), choose a day, measure the amount, count the calories, figure it in, and then eat it like you mean it.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Zombieland Rule #32 – Enjoy the Little Things

This goes double with changing lifestyles. If you want to beat yourself over a cupcake make it the one that is currently Genesis record holder... 2,594 lb of cup cake!!!! and it probably isn't as tasty the one you had
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Your ticker makes it look like you are trying to gain weight

OP, you may want to check your diet settings because it does look like you are setting it up to gain weight. IF that's what you want, great, but otherwise, you will want to change it. Thanks.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You didnt fail. You cant deprive yourself of everything that you enjoy. Eating a cupcake occasionally is not going to derail you. It is your own sense of guilt that is going to be the hardest critic about what you eat. We are too hard on ourselves and overcritical. You need to look ahead and feel wonderful about your successes. So you eat light tonight and start again tomorrow. You are doing an awesome job.:smile:
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    one cupcake doesnt make you fat just like one salad doesnt make you skinny
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It happens. To everyone. You dont want losing weight to be a quick fix, more of a lifestyle change... So have treats or cheat meals every once ina while! I also suggest you eat if you are hungry, dont starve yourself because you might have gone over your calories... Your body probably needed more calories anyways.... There is also something called the spike diet that works for many, soooo yeah.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    you had one cupcake.

i consider that a great feat of restraint!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    hmm... 101 lbs....

anyone smell Troll?
  • ladiesnow36
    Options
    Don't feel as though you have been defeated! Once you learn what "triggers" your urge to eat stuff that is not healthy for you, you will learn how to avoid those "triggers". If you must have a "snack" go to the store and buy some healthy options... there are actually many to choose from... Snack well has awesome ice cream options... Of course there are also the nutritional bars.. And a good amount of other things too..

Don't get discouraged! Just know tomorrow is another day and you can look forward to making better choices. Better yet, it is all the more reason to show yourself you can do this even when you do have a set back! Turn right around and, at your next meal, make it a MUST to eat something healthy for you. It took me 3 weeks to get to the point that I just literally had/have no desire for snacks/sweets. Sweet tea was always my hang up. But now when I drink it, it tastes like sugar water and I turn it away. I allowed my body to show me that it wasn't good for me. Another member said it well.... Its a lifestyle change. You must remove anything that will cause you to binge until you can learn to control it.

You should never skip meals and always try to eat at least the minimum of 1200 calories a day. It is do-able! I have been overweight for 18 years now, and this is the first time EVER that I have been able to do this with great satisfaction and reward.

I wish you the best of luck!!