For All The Coffee Drinkers

Options

Replies

• mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I drink 1 cup/day. I'm not that worried. I do tend to get migraines if I overdo caffeine, so I watch how much I take in.

1) How do you feel after hearing this information? Does it make you want to wean on coffee or drink away still? I'll stick to my 1 cup/day!

2) Random: Do you drink your coffee black or add extra ingredients? 2tsp of sugar, but sometimes just black.

3) Did you drink caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee while pregnant? I was totally caffeine free for 6 years.So, while pregnant I was caffeine free, but I didn't go caffeine free because I was pregnant.

4) Does coffee wake you up or put you to sleep? Wake me up

5) Does coffee make you use the restroom? Yes. I have trouble... ahem, going, when I don't drink it.

6) Does it matter to you if you drink caffeinated or decaffeinated?
    Not really.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Today I was reading up on coffee because I absolutely am in-love head over heels with it. I wanted to know what is bad about coffee. .....

and that's where you lost me.

nothing bad about coffee!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Oh my - dont we just love the internets ;-) For every scaremongering site there are some that will give you the benefits - in the end of the day I look at all the information - good and bad - and then - in the case of coffee - keep on drinking it ......

Here is a view on the other side.....

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/947/Ten_Benefits_of_Coffee_for_Health_Performance_Body.aspx
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee and one day they say it's good for you, the next day it's not. I drink about 3 cups/day.
  • eeyore3kids
    Options
    Im going to drink a cup right now,. love my coffie
  • gtslow
    gtslow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally like my coffee with heavy cream or half & half. I also love a good latte or REAL cappuccino. I cut back because it was the easiest way to cut calories out of my diet. I still have on average a cup or two every other day. My wife is also staying away from caffeine so I have a hard time going through fresh beans before they go stale currently. As such I have switched to about 3 cups of green or black tea per day for a pick-me-up and the antioxidant benefits. I will definitely cycle more coffee back in after my wife gives birth to our second child and she starts drinking it again.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day. Sometimes in the morning and in the evening after dinner. In the summer, I'm more of an iced coffee girl. Don't like hot coffee when it's super warm out. Although, I'm researching homemade iced coffee recipes. I'm super cheap and hate spending huge $$ for coffee. AND, homemade is much easier on the calories! I will continue to drink my coffee.

I too LOVE iced coffee during my Texas summers. A frend of mine and I are hooked on the stuff we make ourselves, the only real difference between our iced coffee and hot coffee is the strength. When brewing for iced, we make it so strong you could strip the paint off your car :) mainly because the ice will water it down a tad. Turn off the pot and let the coffee cool for a bit then pour over a glass full of ice. We also try different brands/flavors depending on what were feelin' that day, so theres no need in putting alot of extra cream/sugar to it.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OK< thanks for the information.

We all have to die. Fit, fat or otherwise, nothing we do can keep us alive.

I will happily die drinking coffee.

There are those who will want to STOP drinking coffee, in a vain attempt to turn back the clock for a few minutes of extra time.

I say, lose weight to look pretty, because the Grim Reaper comes for the fat and the thin. The only real benefit to weight loss is pretty clothes, and the surety that your pall bearers will be able to carry the coffin.
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    coffee is health food. It is an antioxidant and also lowers a womans risk of breast cancer

If this is true my boobies are good to go! LOL :laugh:
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    After hearing this I feel like having a cup of coffee! Cheers C(__)!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    1) How do you feel after hearing this information? Does it make you want to wean on coffee or drink away still?

I will always drink coffee. I drink a lot of coffee. I have had a couple cups and a double espresso today. Probably going to have another double espresso in a bit.

2) Random: Do you drink your coffee black or add extra ingredients?

Black. I'm a bit of a snob about my coffee. I have 7 different kinds sitting in my cupboard right now. I either use a french press or an espresso maker.

3) Did you drink caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee while pregnant?

I don't much care for decaffeinated coffee so I just avoided it all together while I was pregnant.

4) Does coffee wake you up or put you to sleep?

I have ADHD so the caffeine doesn't really affect me much. It kind of calms me down and helps me focus. I can drink a double espresso (fully loaded) and fall asleep shortly thereafter.

5) Does coffee make you use the restroom?

No.

I swear I can taste the difference between caffeinated and decaf and stick to caffeinated both for the taste and the caffeine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what next no more Tequila...??
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    They can pry the coffee from my cold dead hands......I will NEVER give it up!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I have 4 cups a day, which equates to about 1.5 large coffee cups.

My coffee habbit is going nowhere
  • acastro1574
    Options
    Right..I agree....in another four months they will say it is good for you..lol
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ljxkysBfEi1qbt92f.gif

tumblr_ljtvjo1haC1qzi1qr.gif

QFT
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    1) How do you feel after hearing this information? Does it make you want to wean on coffee or drink away still?
    Sounds like BS. Hell no.

2) Random: Do you drink your coffee black or add extra ingredients?
    Black, but sometimes with a bit of creamer and/or sugar.

3) Did you drink caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee while pregnant?
    I drank caffeinated coffee while pregnant and my son is healthy, fine and all that.

4) Does coffee wake you up or put you to sleep?
    Neither.

5) Does coffee make you use the restroom?
    Any liquid makes me use the restroom....we are talking pee right?

I drink for flavor. I have drank coffee since I was a kid, yes like 2-3 years old and it has no affect "energy" wise on me. Well, that and I do get bad headaches if I don't drink at least 1 cup a day.
  • EzBake
    EzBake Posts: 2
    Options
    When I started drinking coffee in grad school I had it black with two sugars, now, 10 years later, I strictly drink one 2% latte per day, unsweetened. So much cheaper to have your own espresso machine too!! If you drink one or more a day.

I get antioxidants, calcium, protein, and a ritual not to be matched! I wake up FOR my latte everyday.

I don't drink soda, juices, or anything else so any 'bad' stuff coffee has I guess I'm willing to risk.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups a day, strong and black. I'm a total biotch without it, therefore I won't give it up. ;P
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i drink mine with tequila in it...