Bikini Shape Calculator...

Options

Replies

• TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    hmmm, mine said hourglass also. I suspect people on here will disagree with this calculator. I am at least pear (a very small, slight pear). My waist is 23 inches, so it stems from there.

yes, it's already been dissed!
    you know me too well!
    :laugh:
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The hourglass bikinis are ugly :(
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hah, said I'm a rectangle and that is so far from the truth - anyone who knows me will attest to that. FAIL
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Totally off topic, but Tigress Pat, I love your polka dot dress.

thank you!

It's Bravissimo (clothing designed for booby girls)

I agree, nice photo!

thank you very much
  • ysanne88
    ysanne88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Rectangle! haha :(
  • TigressPat
    Options

i did not even look.
    The whole "everyone is an Hourglass" theory makes me seriously question their fashion advice!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I'm an hourglass, too? hmmm... wiki says we're not all hourglasses. I think the calculator's off.
    A study of the shapes of over 6,000 women, carried out by researchers at the North Carolina State University circa 2005, found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[18] Another study has found "that the average woman's waistline had expanded by six inches since the 1950s" and that today's[when?] women are taller and have bigger busts and hips than those of the 1950s.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

nods

there's a concrete definition for "hourglass" and very few women (even those whom are curvy and might look "hourglass" actually meet the criteria.

however, in the new spirit of vanity sizing and lets make everyone feel better about themselves certain types like "pear" and "apple" are no longer used as much (as they now have negative connotation -not sure why as pears are freaking gorgeous and ultra feminine-) and just about everyone is now an "hourglass" according to most calculators.

you are so right. :)

it's kind of like participation trophies!
    :wink:

Precisely. We all win! ;D

I'm not really sure how that helps anyone!
  • nmbull24
    nmbull24 Posts: 2
    Options
    Pretty neat! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a pear and must say, I really like there swimwear selections for that shape.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hmm so now I'm an hourglass? I consider myself a pear.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    hmmm, mine said hourglass also. I suspect people on here will disagree with this calculator. I am at least pear (a very small, slight pear). My waist is 23 inches, so it stems from there.

yes, it's already been dissed!
    you know me too well!
    :laugh:

:smile:
  • redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Very cool...Hourglass over here!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Did they show actual bikinis??? I just thought they said matching patterned two-pieces..Must go have a look! x
  • TigressPat
    Options

Did they show actual bikinis??? I just thought they said matching patterned two-pieces..Must go have a look! x

you are making me curious enough to go look now!

not that any of them will even vaguely fit!
    :ohwell:
  • TigressPat
    Options
    well NOW I get why the vanity shaping!!!!
    it's all about selling their rather boring/ugly Lascana swimwear.

of course a woman is more likely to buy your ugly swimsuit if you tell her she's an hourglass!!!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Oh they absolutely would but genuinely I wouldn't wear any of them, they're all a bit....unfashionable and like something my Mum might wear, you know, old-fashioned or something!
  • TigressPat
    Options

Oh they absolutely would but genuinely I wouldn't wear any of them, they're all a bit....unfashionable and like something my Mum might wear, you know, old-fashioned or something!

agrees
    but no, they haven't a single thing on 5 pages that would actually fit hourglass me.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm an hourglass ... always been a pear in other calculators.

Measurements:

Bust: 34.5 inches
    Waist: 26 inches
    Hips: 38 inches
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass, too? hmmm... wiki says we're not all hourglasses. I think the calculator's off.
    A study of the shapes of over 6,000 women, carried out by researchers at the North Carolina State University circa 2005, found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[18] Another study has found "that the average woman's waistline had expanded by six inches since the 1950s" and that today's[when?] women are taller and have bigger busts and hips than those of the 1950s.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

nods

there's a concrete definition for "hourglass" and very few women (even those whom are curvy and might look "hourglass" actually meet the criteria.

however, in the new spirit of vanity sizing and lets make everyone feel better about themselves certain types like "pear" and "apple" are no longer used as much (as they now have negative connotation -not sure why as pears are freaking gorgeous and ultra feminine-) and just about everyone is now an "hourglass" according to most calculators.

So what is the criteria actually? Because if I dont meet it. I am an undefined shaped then :P That is if the only options are straight, apple, pear & hourglass. Because I certainly don't fit the straight, apple, or pear shapes at all lol

Technically you're supposed to have a 10 inch difference between your waist and hip/boobs measurements to be an hourglass. For example, 34/24/34.....

I would say you're more a rectangle - your hips and shoulders are the same width apart but you don't have a large bust or a very tiny waist, although you're fairly small all over

IMAG1562-1_zpse957c82f.jpg

I dont think I'm rectangle. I'm not a classic hourglass either. I'm nothing haha I dont fit any other the 4 main shapes. I'm 33.5-26 1/8-35.5
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Apparently I'm an hourglass ... always been a pear in other calculators.

Measurements:

Bust: 34.5 inches
    Waist: 26 inches
    Hips: 38 inches

yeah, you aren't an hourglass, they just think that you are more likely to buy their ugly swimsuits if they tell you that you are!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. I'm not going to argue with that. Sounds good! :smile: