Options

Replies

• AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    I'm a rectangle hahaha
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I am an hourglass and I already bought the swimsuit they recommended. Huzzah! :D
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. A CHUNKY hourglass. I suppose we'll see when I lose the weight...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    While we are on the bathing suit topic (and we are all getting ready for summer). If anyone knows where I can buy an xxs swim suit, that is actually flattering and made for a very small frame (my rib cage is 26 inches). Please please let me know.

one piece or bikini?

have you tried any Freya/Fantasie bikinis? they only go down to a 28, but the bikini tops are often smaller than bras ( most of my customers usually size up)
    Ewa Michalak makes them in 26 bands.

and there are some older styles in footprints that have tie back, so you can adjust as necessary.

Gottex Free (carried mostly by Bravissimo) also makes ones with decent bra cups and tie backs.

Thanks! I usually wear a bikini. And a 28 band works fine for me as well. It's just the 30 and up, where it starts to not fit right.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Hourglass. A CHUNKY hourglass. I suppose we'll see when I lose the weight...

I'm a chunky hourglass.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    While we are on the bathing suit topic (and we are all getting ready for summer). If anyone knows where I can buy an xxs swim suit, that is actually flattering and made for a very small frame (my rib cage is 26 inches). Please please let me know.

one piece or bikini?

have you tried any Freya/Fantasie bikinis? they only go down to a 28, but the bikini tops are often smaller than bras ( most of my customers usually size up)
    Ewa Michalak makes them in 26 bands.

and there are some older styles in footprints that have tie back, so you can adjust as necessary.

Gottex Free (carried mostly by Bravissimo) also makes ones with decent bra cups and tie backs.

Thanks! I usually wear a bikini. And a 28 band works fine for me as well. It's just the 30 and up, where it starts to not fit right.

I might have a 28D or DD Freya top around somewhere if you want me to measure it and see how big it actually comes up?
    otherwise you can always check bratabase, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of their measurements.
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hourglass? This whole time I've been calling myself pear-shaped. My bust and hips have like an 8-inch difference. My waist is pretty small, though--is that all it's based off, is how narrow you are in the middle compared to what's on either end? lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Hourglass? This whole time I've been calling myself pear-shaped. My bust and hips have like an 8-inch difference. My waist is pretty small, though--is that all it's based off, is how narrow you are in the middle compared to what's on either end? lol

with the 8 inch difference between bust and hips you aren't an hourglass as it's defined. Unfortunately this calculator is biased to sell suits.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm top heavy. I'm always top heavy. I'm like a Weeble that wobbled. :(
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    No matter how big I get, I've always been an hour glass. My waist is itty bitty compared to the rest of me! lol
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Top Heavy...I could have told you that.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    No matter how big I get, I've always been an hour glass. My waist is itty bitty compared to the rest of me! lol

that's part of what defines an hourglass, and why most women who think they are, aren't.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Top Heavy---I definitely do have broad shoulders
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm an hour glass. :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Always an hourglass figure.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Always an hourglass figure.

me too.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yeah, totally quoting myself here, cos I'm rad like that. My measurements are close to hourglass-- I have a 9" difference from my bust to my waist, and then my hips are about 1.5-2" less than my bust. I have enough gooey fluffy chub that maybe when it's all flat and well behaved... maybe... maybe... maybe... I'll still be top heavy, lol.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Yeah, totally quoting myself here, cos I'm rad like that. My measurements are close to hourglass-- I have a 9" difference from my bust to my waist, and then my hips are about 1.5-2" less than my bust. I have enough gooey fluffy chub that maybe when it's all flat and well behaved... maybe... maybe... maybe... I'll still be top heavy, lol.

I'm a top heavy hourglass.
    Im still an hourglass because I have 16 inches between my boobs and my waist and 14 between my waist and my hips.
    but hourglasses are born, not made.
    hourglasses gain and lose weight pretty much in proportion, it's one of the definitions of "hourglass"
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cool thanks!!