Colon Cleanse?

Options
Can anyone suggest a good colon cleanse? Are they safe? I don't know much about them...

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a good colon cleanse? Are they safe? I don't know much about them...
    I've not heard anything positive about them, for more info you can do a search on here and find a TON of others asking the same question and responses.

A colon cleanse is really not necessary, learning to eat healthy takes care of keeping your body running well!:drinker:
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    "Total Tea" is really good. It's a tasty tea that you drink each day. The stronger you make it the more you cleanse. All herbal. My chiropractor recommends it. It sells like hot cakes.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do one.

If you stop putting processed junk in your body, you wouldn't need one.

Your body has a natural of cleaning itself out! But of course it can only clean out the natural and organic stuff you feed yourself.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Do more research. Everything I've seen is that they're bogus.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Check out the Shakeology 3 day Cleanse. It is a whole food nutritional way to take care of your body
    http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/risag?bctid=81728270001 :drinker:
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    I did one about a month ago.... I guess it was okay. I got cramps every so often and had diaherra alomst the whole time :grumble: (12 days).
    I mean i wasnt running to the bathroom BUT when i did go i regreted it.
    BUT it sure did work. I think if your looking for a clean out to start FRESH and NEW... try it.
    but do it just to do it... NO
    I was so nasty to drink
    Would i do it again.. yeah
    This is what i got...
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3540522
  • bettpboopfit
    bettpboopfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did one at home.. with coffee and water.. Very easy, but can be not so pleasant..
  • heatherine
    heatherine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did an Acai Berry cleanse. It was tablets, so nothing nasty to drink. I did have to cut down to 3 tablets instead of 4 and then I didn't have any problems.
  • annajo13
    annajo13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally recommend the shakelolgy 3 day cleanse....its full of vitamins to check it out go to:

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/annajo13
  • spatialdisplacement
    Options
    I've done a few over the years myself. My favorite is the juice cleanse, you know fresh fruit juice, like v8 or other juiced fruits, lots of water, green and oolong tea for two days, then with them add in fiberous fruits and veggies for another day or so. Basically, it's a fruit and liquid fast. Try not to drink caffeine as it can irritate your intestines, creating temporary IBS and spastic colon symptoms.

:drinker: COFFFEEE!!!!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions! I went with the acai berry, but I am looking into that three day one too!
    I really appreciate all the support I get on this website. Everyone is very helpful!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just eat a serving of raisins every day... it will keep you cleaned out and 'regular'! :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kmccowatt
    kmccowatt Posts: 1
    Options
    i just finished the jillian micheals detox and cleanse. i would recommend it.