FOOOOD :)

Options
ErinGiam
ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
Hello!!

So first I want to know, what do you eat for breakfast that helps keep you full? I've been doing healthier versions of french toast, and trying cereals with a lot of fiber, but nothing tends to keep me full for super long so I start craving my "snack" a lot earlier!

Also, what "healthy" foods do you eat throughout the day if your calorie goal is pretty high? I don't want to eat the wrong foods just so that I can meet my calorie goal, so.. I need some help!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• missiemccarley
    Options
    Most days I have my EAS brand protein shake that I turn into a smoothie by adding frozen fruit and two ice cubes and putting it in the blender. It is yummy and keeps me full until lunch.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I eat Quaker Weight Control oatmeal and an apple or banana for breakfast during the week.
    I much on veggies or fruit if I snack. Or sometimes Mini Baby Bell cheese.
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been eating nonfat greek yogurt with fruit. It has 20 grams of protein in one cup and only 120 calories. I normally mix in strawberries or blueberries. Sometimes I add some honey. I also eat oatmeal with sugarfree syrup and cinnamon.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (2) with the Thomas' Thins Bagels (100 cals, I get the everything ones). The eggs fill me up.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs for breakfast, usually an egg white omlet with veggies. I've really been into spinach and feta cheese egg white omlet. I also do turkey bacon. Bananas and nuts seem to keep me full and are healthy high calories.
  • julialamb
    julialamb Posts: 6
    Options
    Boiled egg and bread and a scape of clover or a large banana or poached egg on plain toast i find these keep me going the longest:drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This last week and this current week, I've been (and will keep) alternating two breakfast options: #1 - 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1 cup milk and either fruit or 8 oz. cranberry juice. #2 - Thomas Bagel Thin (Everything & Plain were bought, I'm half-done with the Everything package, so good!) with 1 over medium egg, 1 slice turkey and (optional) 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese with fruit or 8 oz. cranberry juice.

I stay full for 2-3 hours. I try to eat every 2-3 hours so it works out for me.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This last week and this current week, I've been (and will keep) alternating two breakfast options: #1 - 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1 cup milk and either fruit or 8 oz. cranberry juice. #2 - Thomas Bagel Thin (Everything & Plain were bought, I'm half-done with the Everything package, so good!) with 1 over medium egg, 1 slice turkey and (optional) 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese with fruit or 8 oz. cranberry juice.

I stay full for 2-3 hours. I try to eat every 2-3 hours so it works out for me.

We have the bagels at home and they are amazing! That sounds really yummy..will have to try!