Do you Hide Your Diary???

Options
1234568»

Replies

• NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't quite get why people seem to think it is so private. I don't hide my food from other patrons when I eat it at a restaurant or at lunch, so I don't believe it's private. Quite the opposite, in our culture, and in all cultures I can think of, food is social and public. .
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. I never thought much of it before and I had my diary private, but found it to be a concern
    To others that like to view diaries as a part of learning and accountabilty. I would not appreciate critcism that some you have experienced. I am here to be encouraged.
  • mbrummer
    mbrummer Posts: 24
    Options
    I think if I am on here helping to encourage other people on their journey, I need to be accountable for mine. You can see everything on my information. I am fat, I am not ashamed and I don't eat great all the time. But damnit I'm gonna get this right. It's out there for everyone to see.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't quite get why people seem to think it is so private. I don't hide my food from other patrons when I eat it at a restaurant or at lunch, so I don't believe it's private. Quite the opposite, in our culture, and in all cultures I can think of, food is social and public. .
    I dislike people watching me eat. A lot of people do.
    ...actually, that may be part of the reason I have never had overeating issues. Food has never been a social celebration, so there are fewer reasons to get carried away, and for me it has none of the comfort associations.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I dislike people watching me eat. A lot of people do.
    ...actually, that may be part of the reason I have never had overeating issues. Food has never been a social celebration, so there are fewer reasons to get carried away, and for me it has none of the comfort associations.

This is interesting. At work, it's normal that people invite each other to go to lunch. I hate that. I don't enjoy eating with others. I prefer to eat alone and then socialize when I'm done. When we have work functions, like a potluck, most people get their food, and then they eat with each other. I find that weird. I always take my food, eat alone, and then go visit with them when I'm done. I know I'm the odd duck, but I don't understand why eating is social. It's not, at all. Lol
    and i dislike watching people eat. especially as, in a large group, you're bound to get one with the table manners of a pig. one who chews with their mouth open and speaks with their mouth full. one who fills their mouth to bursting point with each bite.

nothing puts me off food faster than seeing it mushed up in, or spilling out of, someone elses mouth!
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think it is an individual choice as to whether or not one's food diary is private, hidden, out there, logged, blogged, flogged, or ignored. One of the profile questions asks us what our motivation is and why we want to lose weight. My motivation is myself...I want to lose weight for ME first. I HAVE to take better care of myself before I can take care of family, friends, etc.

No one should judge another MFP decision regarding their food diary. It's tough enough posting and using the weight ticker without having to worry about who wants, needs, or thinks they should, see someone else food diary. Food diary is not a junior high school slambook. Yep I am over 40 LOL. Remember we are all entitled to our choices whether anyone else likes them or not.