New to MFP

monkey191
monkey191 Posts: 19
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

Just joined MFP and it looks really good.

After 5 months of giving up smoking cold turkey, it is now time to shape up a bit, however this is where i lack motivation. If anyone has any useful tips to help me on my way please free to let me know.

Thanks
Helen

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I would start by setting smaller obtainable goals and when you obtain them, use that as motivation to build on.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Welcome to MFP! You've come to the right place. Good Luck!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! You have already motivated yourself to be healthier by quitting. If you can do that you can do anything! I quit cold turkey 2 years ago so I know what an accomplishment that is. Give yourself lots of credit for it.

As far as motivation goes, you have to find what works for you. Set rewards for yourself or just keep in mind how great you are going to feel.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Use the site as much as you can. Be honest and log EVERYTHING that passes your lips even if you're over your daily calories.

All the best - I'll send you a friend request too as the more friends you have to better it is.

:glasses:
  • monkey191
    Wow you are doing excellent, seeing your status is motivating me already. Thank you for the advice, it seems logical and a good place to start.

Do you know how to amend the weight loss goals that you enter at the start (I think I entered that I wanted to lose 8/9 stone instead of 2 stone) I That would be mission impossible.
  • monkey191
    Thank you Sunshine :smile:
This discussion has been closed.