Need suggestions regarding Insanity workout.

Options
Hello my MFP peeps. I have been on MFP a little over a year. My workouts are mainly jogging, biking, lifting. Recently completed P90X and am currently in week 2 of Insanity. Started experiencing knee/shin/ankle discomfort within the last couple days. With my Insanity workout last night I tried to modify some of the jumps and made sure I was landing softly. My dilemma is do I continue following the Insanity schedule and modify the best I can or jump ahead to my next workout plan of the P90X/Insanity Hybrid workout. Thinking this would give me some down time in between the high intensity days. Kind of concerned about my ability to follow the program fully as I hear month two is even more insane! I am wearing proper shoes, working out on a carpeted gym floor, and am good about following proper form. Any input, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• johncareem9
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I will check that website out. Even after just a couple weeks I miss the weight training from P90X. Starting the P90X/Insanity Hybrid Saturday.