barcodes

c1aireee
c1aireee Posts: 269 Member
why is it when u scan barcodes on some items u get completely the wrong information about the item even sometimes the wrong brand from the barcodes???!!! sooo annoying!!!

Replies

• I scanned something once and it came up as being the opposition's brand! I had quite the laugh to myself! haha
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 269 Member
    yeah that's what happened to me!!!
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    It's all entered by users, so if your pasta sauce is an apple that's the reason. More annoying is the inclusion of other ingredients, like cereal with milk rather than just the cereal.

I have noticed, however, that some store brands use the same barcode for multiple chains. For example, my Giant brand yogurt shows up as Stop 'n Shop. As long as the info is the same I just go along with it.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    I've had this with some Aldi products - I scanned their Cottage Cheese and it came up as Longley Farm! No problem as I like Longley farm stuff and the calorie info matched that on the pot!!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    It's all entered by users, so if your pasta sauce is an apple that's the reason. More annoying is the inclusion of other ingredients, like cereal with milk rather than just the cereal.

I have noticed, however, that some store brands use the same barcode for multiple chains. For example, my Giant brand yogurt shows up as Stop 'n Shop. As long as the info is the same I just go along with it.

About the cereal with milk, that information is included on most cereal boxes nutrition labels so that is probably why it is included when you scan the barcode....I also find it a little annoying because I often eat dry cereal as a snack