Is it still a binge no matter how healthy the food is ?

Options
Like if you binged on vanilla greek yogurt and those large party fruit platters.

Replies

• Onasi
    Onasi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes it is. I'm guessing the yogurt had loads of added sugars and the fruit had loads of sugar as well. Don't get me wrong, fruits are good for you, but eat them in moderation.
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In this case I would say yes. Flavored yogurts and fruit have tons of sugar! Now if you went all crazy on a bag of carrots I'm not sure I would feel the same!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Whether you call it a binge or not, overeating anything is not good. Obviously it's bad for your waistline, but mentally we want to get rid of that urge to overeat and we want to be in control. Any food that has power over you- find a way to break it!

If sugary flavored greek yogurt tempts you to overeat, buy the plain kind. It tastes gross straight out of the container, so you can't go back for spoonful after spoonful. Then add your own sweetener and flavor- it saves money and calories. I mix 100g plain 0% greek yogurt with stevia and vanilla extract and chia seeds, then add a bit of water to thin it out & let it sit for 10-20 minutes so it can thicken. After thickening, the chia seeds will have doubled the serving size! Then I add fresh fruit on top. It's SO much more delicious and filling than a small sugary yogurt cup!

That said, we all like to "volume eat"- like have a huge mountain of food to eat, rather than a tiny portion. That's why I eat so many veggies! Go ahead and eat a whole bag of green beans or carrots- please do! I eat an entire head of cauliflower for dinner once a week (salmon on the side). Tastes amazing when you roast it. I make sure I have several servings of veggies at dinner, and then I'm not usually hungry during the late-night-snack time. Or if after lunch is when you binge, have a ton of veggies then.