Plant based diet friends (vegan)

Options
Hi all! :)
I'm not new to this but I would love to have more plant based vegan lifestyle friends on here to help encourage me and keep me strong. Most people know this lifestyle as the 80 10 10 diet but I just kind of wing it and love fruits and veggies so I don't follow a diet, I see it as my own lifestyle. I am vegan and would like to have more like minded people to be friends with on here :)
Much love and peace out :) Do add me with a message :)

Replies

• RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Though the media image is of the emaciated vegan, sadly I know many overweight vegans....seems surreal doesn't it?
    I think some [not all] vegans overeat pasta, breads, beans, rice and especially sugar---some of them seem to be hungry all the time.
    I say some, not all, I have not been able to maintain good health on a vegan or vegetarian diet though I would love to--I finally have become a meat-eater, I try to eat healthy, organic meats.
    This is what works for me, I don't think it is true for everyone.
    Good luck.
  • Jacqsie
    Jacqsie Posts: 51
    Options
    Thank you for your reply and good luck with your new diet. I'm glad it works for you :)
  • haralvarez
    Options
    Hi, Jacksie.
    I'm plant-based, and have been for about five years now. Vegetarian before that. I'd love to share tips anytime.