pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Rule #18 : Go to Bed Hungry

Why? Am I being punished?

Personally, my favorite days are when I get to 9pm and I still have a couple hundred calories left for my favorite night-time snack. It makes me happy, which means I'm not going to go crazy and I can continue to work towards and eventually maintain a healthy weight.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I already do a lot, but not all, of these rules. One rule I like is the one about berries because they are a superfood but DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH THOSE SUCKERS COST? Eating them everyday would probably add at least another $20-30 to my food budget a week!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    18 and 19 are contradictory. If I go to bed hungry I definitely won't sleep well.

Many are crap rules based on junk science, the rest are common sense.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I haven't been following any of these rules.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think it's a load of rubbish.

Go to bed hungry? Why exactly?

No carbs after lunch, again why?

Alot of nonsense.

ETA: I've been slim all my life (apart from when pregnant!) and haven't followed any 'rules' whatsoever.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg
  • khyman
    khyman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Too many rules!

1. Stay at a caloric deficit
    2. Eat nutritious foods 85-90% of the time
    3. If needed, use the remaining 10-15% for discretionary foods to keep you sane while maintaining carbs/protein/fats

The End

Works for me.
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the infor.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Not bad, though there's some to dispute there.

1) No carbs after 6 is silly. The body does not suddenly jum from 5:55 to 6 and go THAT'S IT WE'RE DONE METABOLIZING FOR THE NIGHT.

2) You do not have to go bed hungry. In fact that may only cause you to binge later.

The rest seems pretty sensible.

Yep, completely agree.
  • ShoequeenB
    Options
    I cant sleep if im hungry! Going to sleep hungry is cruel! :(
  • ShelliePAwesome
    ShelliePAwesome Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump...thanks!
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think most of them are pretty darn smart, and I am doing most of them. Can't get rid of the white potatoes though, I love those!

Eat sweet potatoes! Super healthy and they taste amazing. Take a sweet potato, wash/scrub, cut off weird little sprout guys =), stab with a fork about six times in different areas, put on plate, cover with paper towel and microwave for 3.5 minutes on each side!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like the common sense ones. The no carbs after lunch gets my blood boiling, though.

ETA: And the going to bed hungry one...what?
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I do about half of them. I've maintained my weight loss for 3.5 years now, so I must be doing something right : )
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg

QFT

There are simply too many rules when it's really much easier. Track what you eat, to lose weight you need calorie deficit, to help maintain lean muscle add in some exercise (preferably incorporating a heavy lifting type program IMHO), and keep an eye on your macros. Keep the scale for trending purposes, but track actual progress with measurements and photos and how your clothes are fitting.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I already do a lot, but not all, of these rules. One rule I like is the one about berries because they are a superfood but DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH THOSE SUCKERS COST? Eating them everyday would probably add at least another $20-30 to my food budget a week!

I buy frozen berries. Much easier on the wallet.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    <----This is my reaction after reading those rules. (I'm on the right)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Following those is unlikely to hurt you, but not following them wouldn't necessarily hurt you either. If rules help keep you on track, then they don't sound like bad rules.