What to add to water!

Options

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    nothing. You add nothing to water. You learn to like it as it is. The end.
  • ecogranny
    ecogranny Posts: 24
    Options
    I add 3/4 slices of freshly peeled ginger and 2 slices of lemon to a mug of hot water. So good for you especially first thing in the morning. After you have finished eat the ginger so you will have the benefit of that also. Its smashing.. Its a bit unusual in flavour but please give it a try. Once you get used to it you will love it.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    A straw. I don't mean to be a smarta$$, but when I drink through a straw it goes down a lot easier. Now, I like water, but I consume more when I use a straw.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i hated water before. I would never drink it. I just forced myself to start drinking it, and replaced all soda and juice with it. You will get used to it, and you will end up enjoying it more. A Camelbak waterbottle has made a huge difference in the amount of water i'm drinking though.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MIO couple of squirts and your off. I hate water but I can do it with this, great flavours you can buy them at Walmart
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Koo aid. Just playing. Slivers of: lemon, lime, orange, apples, cucumbers.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Another vote for cucumber...it is sooooo YUMMYLICIOUS!!!
  • Chrysalisnow
    Chrysalisnow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to put some cucumber slices, lemon slices (or lemon juice), and mint sprigs in a 64 oz pitcher of water and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I drink it all the next day. It is REALLY good. Also, when I want something kind of sweet, I put some cinnamon sticks and apple slices in the pitcher instead and let it sit overnight, as well.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hate water too. I have a 64 oz jug I fill every morning and force myself to finish it by 9pm. Sometimes I will have one glass with crystal light.

Drinks that has caffeine should not be included as water !! That includes coffee, tea and soft drinks.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Growing_dinosaur_39_217.jpg
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I use frozen fruit as my ice cubes. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries.... Flash freeze them, then put them in a tupperware container and keep them in the freezer. Makes the water taste and look pretty.
  • BrandonLosch
    Options
    MIO!! Doesnt really add alot of calories and really gives water a great taste. MIO can get expensive though
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY!
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Over the past few years as I have gone from soda to watered down soda to fruit drinks to watered down fruit drinks, I have hit on something that works for me. I live in North Florida and the minerals in the water just make me sick. I use Ocean Spray Light 50 (50 cal in 8 oz), and add about 4 oz to 20 oz of cold water. Has a taste, but not too sweet, and so 48 oz of water is 50 cal. I drink a couple of 24 oz (water) bottles during the day and then just water after dinner and that seems to even me out, and also just water at night. I know its not as "healthy" as fresh fruit or vegetables, but this works for me. I'm going to try some of the other suggestions, though.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    scotch
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A straw. I don't mean to be a smarta$$, but when I drink through a straw it goes down a lot easier. Now, I like water, but I consume more when I use a straw.

I agree, I bought a camelback water bottle and I find drinking my water is easier now. I don't think I hate water, I just didn't drink liquids much at all. I have been adding lemon slices to my water. Hoping I will be able to one day just drink it plain. Right now I am trying to do what it takes to get at least 8 - 12 cups a day.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I like to add some bubbles and a few women to my water ;)