Daily Eating Schedule

Options
What is your daily eating schedule (time wise)?

What time do you eat breakfast, lunch & dinner? How many daily snacks do you have and what times do you have them snacks?

These past two days I've had over 300 calories left on my MFP food diary when I submit it so I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough or something?

Replies

• kimberlyrachelle
    Options
    What is your daily eating schedule (time wise)?

What time do you eat breakfast, lunch & dinner? How many daily snacks do you have and what times do you have them snacks?

These past two days I've had over 300 calories left on my MFP food diary when I submit it so I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough or something?

2200 calories seems like a lot, but you're just starting out, if your settings/activities are indeed entered in right, just start the way MFP suggests...You will probably adjust this as you lose later anyhow.
    I eat before work 8:00ish..protein shake or oatmeal, Noonish I'll have my lunch, around 3-5 I'm in need of a snack basically anything that won't ruin my dinner--banana, dry cereal, dried fruit, etc, 7ish dinner. But this is all based on my schedule/work schedule, so just find a good schedule that works around your day. If you're not hungry don't eat.. unless you're just fueling up for a good, hard workout. Listen to your body. In my opinion as well, not all calories are equal make sure you're eating quality foods for the best results.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast around 830/9

snack around 1030

lunch around 12/1230

snack around 330

dinner around 530/6

snack around 7/830 ( depends)
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    breakfast around 7
    snacks at about 9 and 11
    lunch at about 12
    snacks at 2 and 4
    dinner around 6 or 7
    and a later snack

i eat 2300 calories a day and don't have a huge lunch (usually around 300 calories). i eat like all day.
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Breakfast @ 6:00am
    Morning Snack @ 9:00am
    Lunch @ 12:00pm
    Afternoon snack 2:30pm
    Dinner @ 5:30-6:00pm
  • cdswicky
    cdswicky Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey Seena511-

Firstly, congrats on your weight loss. I was wondering how much exercise you normally do daily? 2300 calories seems like a lot, but it's obviously working for you...I'm still struggling with the concept that eating more (within my caloric allowance of course) is a good thing. I'm just trying to maintain, but when MFP tells me to eat 2200, I'm afraid to do it. I certainly don't want to gain any weight...Can you help reassure me???

Thanks, :happy:
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    7 breakfast
    9 snack
    11- lunch
    1- snack
    3- snack
    5 dinner
    8 snack

I like to graze. If I don't, I binge. Plus, I have to eat so many calories with nursing, it takes time. I just realized I eat every two hours- didn't do it intentionally.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Every three hours, clock work! 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm (sometimes a little earlier on dinner). I always aim to spread it out, so about 280-300 calories per "meal" and trying to even out my macros.

My trainer told me to avoid grazing more than every 3-4 hours, as you are not listening to your body and eating to "satisfied". I've found since holding off the snacking, I have a better gauge on my eating and feel more in control. I'm loving it!