TDEE-20% calculations

Options
Hi All

I've decided to try this TDEE - % as I'm tired of tracking my exercise calories and would like to use a static number instead.
I did look at the spreadsheet provided on the road map, but it was somewhat overwhelming and would just like some opinions please.

Female
I'm 5'7''
192lbs

According to Scooby:
BRM 1597
TDEE 2475

Workout
I weight lift (moderate to heavy) 3x a week plus do 20minutes of cardio (jogging on the treadmill or elliptical) on those days
The other 2 days a week I"m doing C25K-currently On week 6.
This averages to about 3.75 hours in the gym per week.
I do have a desk job-But once I'm home, I'm doing housework, cleaning, running with the kids. etc. for appox 3-4 hours a day.
Weekends I'm constantly busy-doing cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.

Question is--in your opinion is my activity considered Light, moderate or very active? I figured Moderate-but wanted others thoughts as well.
If moderate my daily cal consumption would be 1980
If light my daily cal consumption would be 1757

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    moderate seems good to me.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, because you can manually go in to your goals and come up with your own number. I have mine set to very active or whatever it's called and set myself up at 2000 (can't remember whta MFP wanted to give me). If you're taking the time to do all these calculations, then set if up yourself.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    if you have a lot to lose, like morbidly obese, I've heard 30% is just fine from quite a few reputable sources like dieticians, doctors.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you're unsure, why not split the difference and go with 1870? Try that for two months. Give it that long. Then, if after two months you want to lose weight faster or slower, reassess and change the goal.
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Your schedule sounds very much like mine. I was at Light originally but quickly realized that was too low. Switched to Moderate. Happy and losing.
    Good work!