when did someone notice your weight loss?

Options
Im only down 12 lbs and I see the same people every day, but I've started to get compliments. I think people see that I look better, but can't figure out why.
When was the first time (since you started MFP) that someone said, "hey... did you lose weight?"

Replies

• michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get more of a reaction from people I haven't seen in a while. I was off work for summer vacation for 7 weeks, and when I went back my boss said "You've lost a ton of weight this summer, haven't you?" She had seen me everyday while I was dropping the first 20, but it was the next 10 she really noticed. For the people I see everyday like my husband, parents, in-laws, they noticed around the 15 pound mark. My mom said I dropped weight in my face first so it was easy to tell. I think even my 2 year old noticed that because one day she looked at me and said "Whoa! Mommy skinny! Mommy pretty!" and then patted my cheek. Best feeling ever :)
  • GirlThatTalks
    GirlThatTalks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think what you wear has a lot to do with it. In jeans, no one ever says anything generally. But, in my awesome stretch work out pants, people notice EVERY time I wear them and someone always says, "You're losing more weight!" My family noticed it in my face within the first 5 pounds. The more you lose, the more people will take notice - just wear flattering clothes. It's hard for me to toss my baggy jeans. :P
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was the opposite! It took a good 2 stone (28lb) for people to start with the curious "have you lost weight?" questions. I get it now more than ever, which is bizarre considering my loss has slowed right down. Must be shaping up.
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    TODAY!!! A girl I go to school with noticed today! I'm down 19lbs (in 30 days). She asked, "Are you loosing weight? You look smaller."
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First time, I was down about 15 lbs and my friend who I hadn't seen in a few weeks noticed. Then about 5 lbs later, my friend who I see on a regular basis noticed! It was a great feeling!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight people thought I had changed my hair. Actually I did let it grow and changed the colour. But, the main difference was that I got my eyes fixed so no glasses. So, when people said I looked different I said "no glasses". That went on for about the first 20 or 30 lbs. Kept the focus off my weight loss.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    My band mates keep telling me I look like I'm losing weight. .. I first started getting compliments about 5lbs in and I've gotten a few more now that I'm at 10lbs. I'm actually starting to notice a slight change in photos myself. Not a huge difference, just enough to smile :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything yet and I had someone come up and say I look thinner. I think it is just that I am eating better, feeling better about myself and walking taller. Attitude has alot to do
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'd lost about 14lb when my 14 year old son acknowledge my weight loss. He told me I was looking thinner. I was very pleased he noticed because over the years, he's always been a candid observer of my increasing size.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    No one has noticed, yet, without me bringing it up first. Then they generally say "oh, yeah, you can totally tell!" or "yeah, I noticed, but I didn't want to say anything." It's actually really frustrating. However I suspect that once I get closer to 50lbs lost people will start noticing. I feel like I was so big that 26 lb lost is just such a drop in the bucket that people don't even see it. It's discouraging sometimes!