I want this to be the last time I need to lose weight.

Options
I've just started a new healthy eating program and am looking at losing 125 lbs. I've done it a couple of times before but have always gained most of it back within 3/4 years. This site seems beautifully organized with lots of tips and great support. I'm excited!

Replies

• AngisBubis
    AngisBubis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) This is a TERRIFC site.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Wow you've lost and gained back 125 lbs a few times? Or just dieted a few times for less?

I'm sincerely surprised, how come you keep gaining back all that weight after spending years at a time loosing it?
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wow! that's an accomplishment, to lose it twice before. Maintaining is a journey all in itself. I have found MFP to be extremely helpful and easy to use. The community and databases are a godsend! I wish you well on your journey! :smile:
  • charlykay2
    charlykay2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also want this to be the last time I need to lose weight. Since my adult years, I have bounced between 150 & 190. Would love to get to 146 and stay there. I joined yesterday and the inspiration that can be received from mfp is awesome. My heart and my eyes are open now and at the end of this journey I will be the me I want to be and stay there for the rest of my life!!!!
  • Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! We are here to support you. It's so difficult to lose the weight, and I know that keeping it off is also very difficult. I've lost and gained the same lbs throughout the years, as well. It's a mental challenge. You just take hold and keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Like they all say: staying in shape is a lifestyle, not a diet and exercise program. You need to get to the point where you say "this is how I live" and make peace with it, instead of "I'm doing this just to get my weight down to xxx lbs".

Good luck!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, this is an amazing site and as helped me gain back power and self control xx