trader joe's fav!

Options

Replies

• BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer, I eat what I want and work it into my nutrition, so this isn't the place to look if you're only looking for only the healthiest of options and not what is tasty.

I buy the peaches in a jar, they're firm and not squishy like most, and they're packed in pear juice not syrup. I don't usually eat them, but I buy them for my kindergartner who loves them. They're halves, but I dice them and they're such better quality than anything else. The pears are good too, but not as good as the peaches.

We buy the Low-fat cat cookies, they're about the same as graham crackers nutrition wise, but they're a nice change for snack. I like the original, but my husband likes the ginger because they're spicy.

I buy pretty much all of my frozen vegetables there, the fine green beans, the super sweet corn, the brussels sprouts - it's all better quality than anything I get at the local mega grocer.

My whole family thinks their string cheese is the best. I buy the regular stuff, not the low fat.

Their freeze dried strawberries and bananas are great for cereal/snack when you can't have fresh (I'm sure the others are good too, but I only buy the ones my kid will eat as well).

The dried apple chips are also really good, nice and crispy.

White cheddar corn puffs are excellent for snacking (don't like the sour cream one). It's basically a cheesy poof, and sometimes you want some sort of junk snack, at least these are healthier.

The vanilla joe-joe cookies will be the death of me. I don't buy them often, but when I do they go fast.

Their maple brown sugar instant oatmeal is the best. Apple cinnamon is good too, has bits of dehydrated apple in it, but I don't really care for apple cinnamon flavor so it's not my cup of tea.

Their vanilla almond crunch cereal is really good. Their organic honey crunch n oats cereal is fine as long as you don't have to smell it. I won't buy it, not because of taste or texture, but because when you add milk it smells almost like perfume and that's weird to me.

The frozen brown and jasmine rices (steam in the bag) are perfect when steamed. Not mushy, not icky, just like perfect rice.

I always buy vanilla from there, the bourbon vanilla or the regular for baking. It's cheaper and better tasting than even the "pure vanilla" I get at the regular grocer. You can really taste the bourbon in that one.

Their soyaki sauce is also pretty good, it's a bit sweet for my tastes but the best tasting "jarred" chinese sauce I've tried. I do not like the island soyaki, waaaay too sweet.

There is undoubtedly other stuff, it's all pretty good - except their coffee (bitter) and pasta sauce (runny). I also find that the mini bagels go moldy really fast unless you keep them in the fridge.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh! And even though they're soy based, the meatless meatballs are tasty. My husband (a meat eater) even likes them.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Birds nests

And

Mini peanut butter cups
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love Trader Joe's! My food list is loaded with stuff from there!

My favorites:

Almond butter (a staple for me!)

Cinnamon roll bread (a staple for my husband)

Frozen crab cakes

Frozen turkey burgers

Their whole wheat pasta

PB Cups (only occasionally)

Pita Bites crackers

I could go on and on, but these are the most purchased!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I only use their extra virgin katamala olive oil. It is so much better than even the more expensive olive oils. I also love love love their cheese selection. They have a Syrah soaked toscano cheese that is like a mild nutty parm its perfect for salads and Caesar wraps. They have great cheap wines too.
  • lalarox
    lalarox Posts: 37
    Options
    Frozen Garlic Naan is TO DIE FOR!

Polenta Provencale with spinach and peas (also frozen)

Butternut Squash Gratin with Creamed Spinach Gratin

I could literally eat these 3 things every day for the rest of my life.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    worked there for 4 1/2 years and would say the company is pretty legit.

Mixed berry blend
    Light Cheese actually taste good
    Turkey Chili
    Soy Chorizo
    Chicken Sausages
    All the dips are good: Guacamole with yogurt and Kale dip with yogurt
    Their green drinks are fairly good and are inexpensive.
    Best deals on coconut / almond / soy milk

Frozen aisle is beast. Indian meals that are 1.99.
  • latprin
    latprin Posts: 16
    Options
    Banana nut clusters cereal is delicious
  • lustingforfitness
    Options
    The mandarin chickenless nuggets are AMAZING!! One package can stretch between two people if you're eating at proper portion sizes--my girlfriend and I get that every time we go there. You should also branch out and try their wraps in their fresh section--sooooo good! They have good prepackaged salads that aren't too expensive either. :) It's nice "fast food" to have when you're on the go! Their vanilla almond clusters cereal is delicious as well, I used to eat that with fresh fruit and soy milk for breakfast every morning for a few months!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I get almost all my food at Trader Joe's. I love their chive and cilantro yogurt dip- i use it in place of cream in soups (butternut squash soup, they have the squash already cubed!) and in place of mayonnaise in egg salad. I eat their sprouted tofu several times a week. I love their sandwich slims and their amazing selection of cheeses. I use their vanilla whey protein powder for shakes. I also love a lot of their frozen food, but I don't get much of it anymore because I am trying to make my food fresh these days. And their chocolate- so much amazing chocolate!
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    mini sesame round crackers. Love them.
    Crunchy no salt/sugar peanut and almond butter. Best prices around.
    I also love their low carb tortillias.
    Hazelnuts

Non Veggie
    I love their tea tree soap (so invigorating) and lavender dryer bags.

Meat
    Jalepeno chicken sausage (lowest sodium and fat sausage I have found)
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We just got a TJ's last year. Opening day was a huge community event. We'd been pestering them for years to bring one to us in the Inland Northwest. Finally no more 5-6 hour drives for a TJ fix!

I LOVE their Coconut Body Butter!! I'd buy the stuff in a 5 gallon bucket. The stuff smells so good you might want to eat it. I use it for my face and my feet and everywhere in between.

Also really like:
    Vodka pasta sauce
    Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
    21 Seasoning Salute and Garlic powder in the spice section.
    Smoked Almonds
    Candied Ginger
    Shredded Swiss and Gruyere Cheese
    Unexpected Cheddar ?? Not sure of the exact name but it's something like that.

The Low-cal Lemonade is good too.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    Better'n peanut butter
    Frozen veggies
    Yogurt dips - cilantro, mediteranean and kale/spinich - low cal and so good.
    Parm/reggiano cheese - best prices
    Ground flax seed
    Dried fruits - husband and kids like
    frozen turkey meatballs - so easy in the crock pot.

So lucky to live near one! Thanks for everyone's ideas!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    And I think driving 45 min to mine is inconvenient!! haha its also across the street from whole foods so I usually hit them both up when I'm in the area and have enough money on me =P
    I've liked pretty much everything I've had from there. Their cheese and greek yogurt is yummy and well priced. I also like their whole grain baking mix that I use for pancakes. I LOVE their 10 minute farro and bulgar. I haven't been able to find anything like that anywhere else!!!! I did try their frozen tofu edemme (sp) nuggets once and they tasted fine but looked weird...idk lol after reading this thread I want to try some of their condiments and oils now. I already like their coconut oil!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • klshaw87
    klshaw87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE TJ's!
    White cheddar Corn Puffs
    Flaxseed Veggie Tortilla chips
    Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
    Sunflower Seed butter
    Charles Shaw Wines
    Power Berries
    All of their chocolate, bars covered nuts etc...
    Mandarin Orange chicken
    Not too many duds at TJs. Love looking at everyone else's favs!
  • bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You must live in Vancouver! That Bellingham TJs is kept in business by Vancouver I swear. :) I live in Victoria, but have a friend that goes to Seattle on a regular basis and keeps lists of things to bring back for friends. (Lucky us!!)

I can't believe hardly anyone has said NUT BUTTER. They have a great selection and the prices can't be beat (especially as a Canadian...almond butter is stupid expensive here). My favourite is the Roasted Almond Butter with Flax, but their Valencia Peanut Butter comes a close second. And Sunflower Butter is creamy and delish.

Other faves that I'm always happy to get:
    Marcona Almonds with Rosemary
    Simply Almond Cashew Trek Mix
    Flattened Bananas!
    21 Seasoning Salute
    Roasted coconut chips
    Multigrain Pita Bite Crackers
    Cinnamon Swirl Cereal
    Dark Chocolate Almonds with sea salt and turbinado sugar
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Cookie Butter......my fav!!
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    red curry coconut chicken!!!
    almond butter!!!
    almond milk unsweet vanilla!!!
    apple cinnamon sticks!!!
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We just got a TJ's last year. Opening day was a huge community event. We'd been pestering them for years to bring one to us in the Inland Northwest. Finally no more 5-6 hour drives for a TJ fix!

I LOVE their Coconut Body Butter!! I'd buy the stuff in a 5 gallon bucket. The stuff smells so good you might want to eat it. I use it for my face and my feet and everywhere in between.

Also really like:
    Vodka pasta sauce

Vodka pasta sauce! never heard of it. i so wanna try! :)