What do you watch for tready time?

Options
The Biggest Loser is over, and I'm all caught up on past episodes. I have Netflix, but really need something new to watch during my hour on the treadmill. Any ideas?

Replies

• carlielove
    carlielove Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was simultaneously ecstatic and depressed when The Biggest Loser ended, because although Danni won, it also meant it was over :PP When I run, I like to watch Doctor Who or The Carrie Diaries.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I watch Hell's Kitchen right now.
    Otherwise I don't and crank up the tunes.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I watch the road, the sunrise, birds floating over my head that are suspended as if by magic in the morning light. I watch my breath as the cool morning air makes me look much like a locomotive running down the track, steam billowing from the stack as I gather speed. I might see rabbits that dart out in front of me and occasionally a skunk that causes me to pause uncertainly in anticipation of which direction it will go next. I hear dogs barking, coyotes howling, and birds singing.

I look at the footprints in the dust from the last time I ran this road. I watch the road as it dips down 50 feet and then rises back up in a smooth curve that challenges me to keep pushing the pace even when it gets harder. I see the road stretching out in front of me. It never breaks down or runs out of room. No one charges me a monthly fee to use it. It's just there.

I see the clouds in the morning change from dark, to pink, to red, and then maybe orange or yellow as the sun rises and floods the road with light. Occasionally I watch the rain clouds as they roll in and kiss me with sweet drops of pure water to cool me like no ceiling fan ever could. You can see the trees and the grass waving to you frantically telling you that a storm is approaching. The clouds might look dark but when you feel those first few splashes of cool water on your hot skin you know right away that they're trying to help you.

I see the animals in the fields. The cattle watch me and give me a look of awe that I'm free to move about the area on the other side of the fence they're stretching their necks to reach. I see horses in their pastures that stomp their feet and give me a knowing nod because they appreciate what it means to be able to run through the wind and be free.

I should add that all of this scenery changes nearly every day. It's hardly ever the same. There's always something different to see.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    @ iWaffle - no contest, I'll choose your treadmill every time!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I watch the road, the sunrise, birds floating over my head that are suspended as if by magic in the morning light. I watch my breath as the cool morning air makes me look much like a locomotive running down the track, steam billowing from the stack as I gather speed. I might see rabbits that dart out in front of me and occasionally a skunk that causes me to pause uncertainly in anticipation of which direction it will go next. I hear dogs barking, coyotes howling, and birds singing.

I look at the footprints in the dust from the last time I ran this road. I watch the road as it dips down 50 feet and then rises back up in a smooth curve that challenges me to keep pushing the pace even when it gets harder. I see the road stretching out in front of me. It never breaks down or runs out of room. No one charges me a monthly fee to use it. It's just there.

I see the clouds in the morning change from dark, to pink, to red, and then maybe orange or yellow as the sun rises and floods the road with light. Occasionally I watch the rain clouds as they roll in and kiss me with sweet drops of pure water to cool me like no ceiling fan ever could. You can see the trees and the grass waving to you frantically telling you that a storm is approaching. The clouds might look dark but when you feel those first few splashes of cool water on your hot skin you know right away that they're trying to help you.

I see the animals in the fields. The cattle watch me and give me a look of awe that I'm free to move about the area on the other side of the fence they're stretching their necks to reach. I see horses in their pastures that stomp their feet and give me a knowing nod because they appreciate what it means to be able to run through the wind and be free.

I should add that all of this scenery changes nearly every day. It's hardly ever the same. There's always something different to see.

Don't run indoors, OP. Look at everything you are missing.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Do 15-30 minutes of intervals instead. It will be too intense to worry about watching garbage
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Treadmills depress me. I run outside.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In to read later...

...maybe even on my phone while I walk on the treadmill.
  • keshiabug1
    keshiabug1 Posts: 150
    Options

Don't run indoors, OP. Look at everything you are missing.

This is great, but sometimes you have children you can't leave while you run. Sometimes you don't get home until after dark and its unsafe in some places to run outside. I would LOVE to be able to run outside every now and then, but with me, its not possible too often.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I never understood how anyone could read/watch tv while running....confuses me...I am usually just trying to concentrate on my breathing ...
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I never understood how anyone could read/watch tv while running....confuses me...I am usually just trying to concentrate on my breathing ...

Thats me too!! Music, yes, but TV I can not do! ETA: or read while jogging, which I see a lot of at the Y I go to
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Do 15-30 minutes of intervals instead. It will be too intense to worry about watching garbage

This is probably why I cant watch TV, I get so bored just running at a steady pace, I :heart: intervals, though :)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Podcasts in French and German. I'm a multitasker.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I used to watch Family Guy! =D When I started using the gym.. there was nothing -_-

THEN.. I started running outside <3 So I basically watch for snakes and cars. =)
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I HATE running on a treadmill. So, when I do I have to watch a reality show or something that I can get sucked into but really need a whole lot of brain power to follow. :) Think, project runway, ink master or everybody loves raymond.
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There's a TV channel called Dave in the UK, and they basically have re-runs of Top Gear ALL DAY (with a few random other programs thrown in)... Top Gear makes me laugh and makes me stop watching the clock!
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I watch golden girls when I'm walking, and crank the tunes when I'm running :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i never really run on treadmill except maybe for five minute warm up before lifting...In my opinion if you are reading or watching tv you are really not working out that intensely ..just saying...
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Blue Mountain State, workaholics, or music videos.
  • janellereese
    janellereese Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I read on my kindle (large font) while I run on the treadmill. Sometimes I read because I want to run, sometimes I run because I want to read. :)