What do you watch for tready time?

Options
2»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory all the way. On TBS all the time.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i dont do treadmill but i watch shows while i do crunches and my dumbbells. not sure what kind of shows you like, but i like to watch supersize v superskinny, random documentaries about either food or how things are made or something like that, some teen dramas like pretty little liars and switched at birth, or rupauls drag race, ,bad girls club, how i met your mother, numb3rs, big bang theory.
  • Jean13T
    Jean13T Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist on my MP3 player, fast, upbeat songs. I use the random play. I have about 4 songs that require me to jog(basically I'm a walker).
  • thintor
    thintor Posts: 33
    Options
    i watch jeopardy!

i don't really have to be watching so much as listening, and answering the questions distracts me and makes the time go so quickly :)
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I watch C-span. Long segments makes the time go by quicker.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    House if Lies
    Girls
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men
    Project Runway
    Tosh.0
    Downton Abbey
    Homeland
    nurse Jackie
    Duck Dynasty
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    I don't do too much time on the tready these days, mainly use exercise bike. I like to watch the numbers fly by...lol.
    I prefer to listen to music instead of tv/reading. But to each their own.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I watch the road, the sunrise, birds floating over my head that are suspended as if by magic in the morning light. I watch my breath as the cool morning air makes me look much like a locomotive running down the track, steam billowing from the stack as I gather speed. I might see rabbits that dart out in front of me and occasionally a skunk that causes me to pause uncertainly in anticipation of which direction it will go next. I hear dogs barking, coyotes howling, and birds singing.

I look at the footprints in the dust from the last time I ran this road. I watch the road as it dips down 50 feet and then rises back up in a smooth curve that challenges me to keep pushing the pace even when it gets harder. I see the road stretching out in front of me. It never breaks down or runs out of room. No one charges me a monthly fee to use it. It's just there.

I see the clouds in the morning change from dark, to pink, to red, and then maybe orange or yellow as the sun rises and floods the road with light. Occasionally I watch the rain clouds as they roll in and kiss me with sweet drops of pure water to cool me like no ceiling fan ever could. You can see the trees and the grass waving to you frantically telling you that a storm is approaching. The clouds might look dark but when you feel those first few splashes of cool water on your hot skin you know right away that they're trying to help you.

I see the animals in the fields. The cattle watch me and give me a look of awe that I'm free to move about the area on the other side of the fence they're stretching their necks to reach. I see horses in their pastures that stomp their feet and give me a knowing nod because they appreciate what it means to be able to run through the wind and be free.

I should add that all of this scenery changes nearly every day. It's hardly ever the same. There's always something different to see.

Ditto!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My last gym membership failed miserably because evidently "running" and "treadmill" are things my brain responds to by developing "stay on couch and do nothing instead" syndrome.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world I would run outside and look at everything nature has to offer, but sadly right now that is knee deep snow, -25 temps and ice covered roads....not an option.

When I run on the treadmill its at the gym and I watch whatever they have on. In the womans sections its usually "Slice" (which means nothing to anyone I'm sure lol) but it has shows like "Real Housewives", "My Teenage Wedding"....that kinda crap. And its on mute with close captioning.... I generally try to block out the picture and just listen to my music.

And in the main gym, we get the choices of muted hockey, curling or really boring news. With no captioning, so we just guess about what they are saying. Not even sure what the point of having muted, wordless news playing honestly.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    @ iwaffle ......

That was so poetic ...... and I'm so jealous ..... you rock !
  • XVIIMatthewXX
    Options
    Catching up on old episodes of Community and Arrested Development.

And I love how OP asks what people watch whilst treading, and most of the replies are to do intervals instead, run outside, or belittle for being able to watch something while running. Get off your high horses people.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree! I would love to run outdoors, but same here about some roads being unsafe, I have a toddler and hubby wont let me run on towpath by myself, understandibly so! But when I run on the treadmill, I just set the tunes and concentrate on my breathing. I can't watch or read anything. If you are doing an hour, do interval training and not just jogging for an hour. It helps make the time go faster.
  • kdatwood
    kdatwood Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, thanks to everyone who replied! Some really good ideas. Although, the topic was 'what do you watch for tready time'. NOT how you FEEL about tready time. You know? Before I get a lot of garbage about how treadmill running is SO BORING and HOW do you POSSIBLY do it? WHY don't you run OUTSIDE? It is so much BETTER - I would like to add that I would LOVE to run outside. HOWEVER, I have 3 kids at home with me and can't possibly leave them to run outside. So, whatever works for you - works for you.

Don't judge.
  • kdatwood
    kdatwood Posts: 4
    Options
  • anniedy
    anniedy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I watch sports. I also live in an area that is either unsafe (winding roads, no sidewalks) or too hilly for my level of running (just getting into it). March Madness is great for me. If they can keep going, so can I. One downside: if you are a big fan of a team and they score, you may look like an idiot celebrating while running.