Kinect games..I wanna know what made YOU loose weight?!

Options
Im looking into a Kinect game for my xbox... I want to find something that I can do on the opposite days of running but I want something that really shows results.

If you use a kinect game let me know the weight loss, game and how long it took to show results. :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nauticaboo
    nauticaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Before I came to MFP and started tracking, I lost 30 lbs in about 5-6 months playing the Just Dance games on the Wii. About 6 hours/week, and that was without tracking food. I have a Kinect now too, and I use the dancing games (Just Dance 4, Dance Central 1,2, and 3, and Hip Hop Dance Experience) for my strictly cardio days.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I use Your Shape Fitness Evolved for circuits and really enjoy it. It's not quite as good as a full weights workout but great for non-lifting days. :-)
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I bought the Kinect bundle that came with the Nike + Personal Trainer.. That one works pretty good

I've also got UFC Trainer. That's the one I enjoy the most.. but both worked great

I've done 30 day program on each for weight loss, currently doing the build endurance, strengthen abs on UFC

It's a great workout
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I love dance games for the Kinect! I have the Dance Central games as well. They are so fun that you almost don't feel like you are working out :)
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do you actually get a good workout from the dance games?
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You do get a good workout from the Dance games, especially if you do the harder songs.

I just got my Xbox and Kinect and have been doing the Dance Central 3 along with just finishing Week 1 of the Nike+Kinect training. That one is kicking my *kitten* and made me realize just how out of shape I really am.

I may get some of the other ones after I finish the Nike one.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Oh awesome! I thought about the Nike+kinect game also! Thanks for the info!!
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I too do UFC Trainer I love it its helped me a lot!
  • ChrisBrockway12
    ChrisBrockway12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Your Shape Fitness. The latest one has many different workouts for different parts of your body. Some of them are intense, such as the army training one. Definitely the best workout on the Kinect in my opinion.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I use an old fashioned program from the stone age...lifting weights...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how disappointed I am with the Michael Jackson game for the Kinect? It's WAY too difficult, and even when you do the moves "right" it says you didn't.

It was an expensive game, and basically THE reason I got the Kinect, so I was way bummed after trying it the first couple of times.

Now my kinect just gathers dust while I lift weights....... :ohwell: :laugh:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I play the original Zumba, I do want to try the Rush and Core versions but it works well for what I needed it for. It honestly makes you move a lot and get some good core movement.

I saw results within a few weeks of doing it, however I also had some strength training in between.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like the Your Shape disc. My boys and I do the Sports & Adventure games, too. You wouldn't think you'd get much of a workout, but after 1 or 2 rounds of some of the games, I was sweating like a pig!
  • tbrignoni23
    tbrignoni23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    UFC Trainer. I really like it!
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    I use an old fashioned program from the stone age...lifting weights...

Yeah well I don't have that convenience haha.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Your Shape Fitness. The latest one has many different workouts for different parts of your body. Some of them are intense, such as the army training one. Definitely the best workout on the Kinect in my opinion.

Im really debating on getting this one. Thanks everyone!
  • bhealthyagain
    bhealthyagain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There is also Biggest Loser for the Kinect. You work out with Jillian and\or Bob and they tell you when you're doing the move wrong or tell you to speed up when you seem like you are fading out lol. it is pretty good. I like that it is interactive and lets you know if your stance is right or wrong.