Ugh. Having a hard time.

Options
Ok I have been going at this for weeks. Starting actually tracking it the past 25 days consecutively on here(my diets open) I got my numbers and try to stick to it as much as possible. I workout 3-4 times a week if I can, this weeks been harder though. I have been going back and forth from 225-220 the whole time past two weeks I've stayed from 223-220 roughly. And only one inch lost. The whole month or a little over....

Is this normal? Does it take this long for you all? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I've been actively working on this since mid-Jan and only lost 6 lbs. But I'm getting fitter and can feel it and see it. Give yourself some time. Your body will catch up to what you're doing. I know how frustrating it is, but just don't quit!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna give up just upsetting I not see anymore than a inch off! The scale I always used to ignore now it just constantly goes up and down between a few pounds. Makes no sense...
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think its normal. Everyone is different. I've been at this for 1 month and I have lost 9 lbs. I workout 5-6x per week. This is my advice.

-weight yourself in the morning before drinking/eating but after peeing (try once a week)
    -Drink more water
    -Try a more intense workout 3-4 times a week. I do jillian Michaels and I just started couch to 5k.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    I don't wanna give up just upsetting I not see anymore than a inch off! The scale I always used to ignore now it just constantly goes up and down between a few pounds. Makes no sense...

Our bodies fluctuate water throughout the day so if you weigh yourself often you are going to see that. How much more weight do you have to lose? If you are close to your goal the weight will be harder to come off.
  • sheryli98
    sheryli98 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I think we all crave the fast results. I know I have a really hard time with the numbers, before I hit 30 I had no problem loosing 10 pounds a week with dieting and minimal exercise, now I have to work my *kitten* off to loose 2-3 per week, but dont quit you will get there!
  • Kttyler87
    Options

Our bodies fluctuate water throughout the day so if you weigh yourself often you are going to see that. How much more weight do you have to lose? If you are close to your goal the weight will be harder to come off.

I am 6' tall and now 220, I wanna be 180 so I have 40 pounds to go.... I was doing the 30 day shred and got to the second level and had to quit. I think I was squatting wrong my knee caps were killing me just to do everyday stuff. Now realizing I must have been twisting my legs wrong I think I want to try it again or at least her burn fat boost metabolism that gave me a good burn... Maybe ill try that, hoping it works!
  • ajhugz
    Options
    [/quote]

I am 6' tall and now 220, I wanna be 180 so I have 40 pounds to go.... I was doing the 30 day shred and got to the second level and had to quit. I think I was squatting wrong my knee caps were killing me just to do everyday stuff. Now realizing I must have been twisting my legs wrong I think I want to try it again or at least her burn fat boost metabolism that gave me a good burn... Maybe ill try that, hoping it works!
    [/quote]

I'm doing ripped in 30 but 30 shred is great and has a little more cardio. I think you should start it again. This time take the first day or two to get familiar with the different exercises. Screw their pace lol! Its better to have proper form. I know you've heard her say that! I tend to do the level 1 twice. It just makes it easier for me. If you need any help I'm here.
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    it is coming off very slowly for me too! then I get discouraged and veer off track. I don't have any advice but I feel your pain... it is hard and discouraging. I am back after a little discouragement break. I did just get the body media link armband like they have on the biggest loser. I really like that it is telling me how many calories I am really burning all day, how many steps I take, where my activity levels are and as long as I track my foods I eat it gives me a calorie deficit for the day.

add me as a friend if you are looking for support :)
  • 1twinmom
    1twinmom Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't get obsessive with it. My goal is one to two pounds a week. I only weigh myself once a week. I work anywhere from 3 to 6 days a week. Three may not be enough. And change your exercise up the body gets use to the same type of work out. Some weeks I don't lose, but I never beat up on myself. I just evaluate what I did all week and if I am honest I know what I did. I either consumed to many calories and did not work out enough. The scale don't lie but we do. Just don't give up. i lost 12 pounds in 11 weeks. Slow but steady.
  • tara824
    tara824 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem. I am the same weight I was when this month started. I also fluctuated the entire month and I feel like I did not make any progress. I pretty much stay under my calorie limit 5 days a week, workout, drink water. Maybe I am eating too many carbs but if we stay under the cal limit we are supposed to loose weight! Ugh, frustrating! Good luck! :ohwell:
  • NHTravelMaven
    NHTravelMaven Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My advice is log your food intake and be realistic. It takes time, be patient!! I've been at this 8 months, and have yet to perfect it, but I'm doing what I need to be successful. If you haven't already read this...it's important to be eating the right amount of calories based on your TDEE and BMR...here's the link: In place of a roadmap...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck and don't give up!!
  • Kttyler87
    Options

I'm doing ripped in 30 but 30 shred is great and has a little more cardio. I think you should start it again. This time take the first day or two to get familiar with the different exercises. Screw their pace lol! Its better to have proper form. I know you've heard her say that! I tend to do the level 1 twice. It just makes it easier for me. If you need any help I'm here.

Thank you :) I think I will start it again!!
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    My advice is log your food intake and be realistic. It takes time, be patient!! I've been at this 8 months, and have yet to perfect it, but I'm doing what I need to be successful. If you haven't already read this...it's important to be eating the right amount of calories based on your TDEE and BMR...here's the link: In place of a roadmap...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck and don't give up!!

I spoke with a dan(I think that was his name on this forum) He asked me for all of my information and he found my right numbers for me. So I believe that I am eating what im suppose to, I drink 64 fluid ounces of water daily. I might up my exercise and try that....That might help some. Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been going at this for weeks. Starting actually tracking it the past 25 days consecutively on here(my diets open) I got my numbers and try to stick to it as much as possible. I workout 3-4 times a week if I can, this weeks been harder though. I have been going back and forth from 225-220 the whole time past two weeks I've stayed from 223-220 roughly. And only one inch lost. The whole month or a little over....

Is this normal? Does it take this long for you all? Or am I doing something wrong here?

I know how you feel but trust me you will break through and start noticing big differences. It took me a long time of back and forth, I would lose 10-15 lbs and then psych myself out thinking I wasn't doing enough, it wasn't coming off quick enough, etc and then I would end up putting the weight back on. I did this for probably 4-5 years. I have been going at this strong for the last 2 months and am more motivated then I have ever been in my life and am down almost 30 lbs now.

You get to the point sometimes where you don't see a change for a few weeks but that doesn't mean there isn't changes being made. I stayed at the same weight for 1.5 weeks but noticed my legs are getting ripped from riding, I start Insanity again the other day and can actually get through a DVD now.

You lost an inch which is awesome, losing an inch is big I wish I measured myself before I started so I could see the inches I am down. That inch you are losing and your weight being the same could also mean your burning off the fat and putting on more muscle. Keep up with what your doing, don't get down if you don't see the scale move all of the time. You sticking with what your doing is what will make the difference and that will start to reflect on the scale.

You can do this!!
  • Kttyler87
    Options

I know how you feel but trust me you will break through and start noticing big differences. It took me a long time of back and forth, I would lose 10-15 lbs and then psych myself out thinking I wasn't doing enough, it wasn't coming off quick enough, etc and then I would end up putting the weight back on. I did this for probably 4-5 years. I have been going at this strong for the last 2 months and am more motivated then I have ever been in my life and am down almost 30 lbs now.

You get to the point sometimes where you don't see a change for a few weeks but that doesn't mean there isn't changes being made. I stayed at the same weight for 1.5 weeks but noticed my legs are getting ripped from riding, I start Insanity again the other day and can actually get through a DVD now.

You lost an inch which is awesome, losing an inch is big I wish I measured myself before I started so I could see the inches I am down. That inch you are losing and your weight being the same could also mean your burning off the fat and putting on more muscle. Keep up with what your doing, don't get down if you don't see the scale move all of the time. You sticking with what your doing is what will make the difference and that will start to reflect on the scale.

You can do this!!
    Thank you :) I am defiantly not going to give up. I have more motivation now that I did a few years ago also! Just thought with how well I feel I am doing I would see just a little more haha.